Mark,

I also purchased a DLP HDTV this weekend, although I got the Mit 52725 DLP. I bought mine from Tweeter; since it was the only place I could find the 52725. I am also the type that never gets the extended warranty. BUT in this case I put up the cash ($350 4 years) for the warranty, mainly for the following reasons.

First - the warranty covers the light bulb, which is rated for about 4000 hours use. New bulb cost (atm) around $250.

Second - On all the post I read there was only one reoccurring problem, the light engine (replacement $1200 plus)

Third – I figured if any thing went wrong with the TV after the one year manufactured warranty it would cost a lot more than the $350 I paid.

I am curious if you got the Samsung Model: HL-P4663W and if CC was willing to deal with you any. I didn’t think I would ever say this, but I think the 52” Mit is too big for my room. I sit a little over 11 feet from the screen, but this thing still looks huge. I am considering returning the Mit and buying the 46” Sammy.

Take care,