jKohn: Your explaination definitely make sense.
But this is what I noticed. Correct me at anytime if I'm wrong. I set my Rotel to Large. This gives the full range of sound to my speakers which can handle down to at least 35-38db. I do not get a "brick wall" when I set the crossover to none because what I read is that when I set the crossover to none in the Rotel it sends the full range of sound also to the sub. I then set my subs crossover to what I feel sounds the best which I think hovers in the 65hz and then raise the level of the sub to the same level as all the speakers with the sound meter. (A little overkill but it does level it off nice and cleanly). If I used the crossover built into the reciver and used the bypass on the sub and I forgot to turn on the sub then definitely my front speakers would have "hit that wall" to whatever I set it on the crossover if I set it to "small".

The other question I have is why your recommendation of having my receiver set crossover at 70Hz or 80Hz for speakers that go down to 35Hz which is like the Axiom M60. As I said above I noticed my crossover on the sub is around 65hz.
I can tell that going with DD/DTS the system is able to handle it but going from 2 stereo with no sub to all 5.1 channels running I noticed a drop of my volume running 53 to about 65 to get the same level with all speakers driven. Which leaves me to believe I might be purchasing an Anthem power amp to drive my 2 fronts by itself through pre-outs.

Rotel SX-1065 2 x 120w 8ohm / 5 x 100w 8ohm
Fronts: Monitor Audio Silver S6 6 ohm 35 - 30k handling 40 - 120W
Center: B&W CC6 8 ohm 78 - 20k handling 25W-120W
Surrounds: Axiom M22Ti 8 ohm 50 - 22k handling 10W - 200W
Sub: Mirage Bipolar BPS150 22 - 100 150W