Hi everyone. This is my first post here, and I'd like some advice. I live in an apartment with my wife and two sons (12 & 10 yrs). A few weeks ago I decided to upgrade my system for the first time in a dozen years. I've decided to get a new receiver and speakers. They will probably be used for 60% music and 40% HT. I'm more concerned with quality music than with HT.

I've done a lot of research on the web, and I have just purchased a Harman Kardon AVR 325. I have also decided on Axiom speakers. I'll probably get the M3ti for mains and the VP100 center. But I'm uncertain what I should get for the surrounds and sub. Our living room is 18' x 12' x8.5' high. The back opens up to a dining area, so it is an L-shaped space. The television will go at the top of the L. I am very concerned that I not disturb my neighbors, particularly downstairs (they're quite uptight about noise).

I would like a sub that improves the listening experience, but is not "boomy". I don't need to rattle the walls, but I would like to hear a good clean bottom. Our tastes in music runs from contemporary club music, ambient music, independent rock, folk, country, & Latin. I've narrowed my choice of subs to the EP125, the Adire Rava, or no sub at all. My concern with the 8" EP125 is that it will be too "thin", and won't add that much to the M3ti's. My concern with the 12" Rava is the opposite, that it will be a "wall rattler". I'm considering not using a sub at all because of the cost savings and because I won't need it in an apartment. What do you think I should do?

I'm also uncertain about which surrounds to buy. For now, I'm just going to get the side surrounds, and probably in the future get another pair for rear surrounds. I like the QS4's, but they are $310 USD. Audioshop has the QS2's for only ~$130 USD. Is it o.k. to use the QS2's with the M3ti's and VP100, or will their smaller size detract from music listening? I know that the QS4's are a better match, but it's hard to justify a price difference of $180 just for surround speakers.

Thanks in advance for your input. I've really enjoyed reading all the past posts on this board.

Kevin