I am also interested in this question, because given my room layout the only real option I have for surrounds are wall-mounted monopoles in the back corners. I saw another thread on this topic where the concern seemed to be that you need several inches behind the speaker since it's rear-ported. I think with the right mounting hadware several inches clearance shouldn't be a problem.

My question is, what mounting options do the M2 M3 speakers support? My current surrounds have threaded screw holes on the bottom and the back, what do the M3's have? Would I have to drill holes, or is that something you can do? I would prefer not to, since I'm guessing the speakers are non-returnable at that point.

Here's a link showing some mounting options from the OmniMount product line: http://www.surroundsolutions.com/html/bracketblue.html. Do any of these look like viable options? Most of the models also come in an 'X' version that is supposed to be 'extended'.

Here's a picture of how my current surrounds are mounted. (See attachment link to the left)

Edited by jkohn on 01/12/02 02:46 PM.

Attached Files
809-surround.JPG (0 Bytes, 74 downloads)