Guys,
First, let me thank the kind and helpful posters in this forum. I finally heard the sound you guys were writing about.

In essence, I bought these speakers (M80, VP150, QS8s) based on the rave reviews from designtechnica.com, audioholics.com, audioworld.com and soundstage.com. I thought, when four different reviewers were excited about the Axiom sound, that is something ...

I'm glad to say I wasn't disappointed. The first few CDs I tested were average. I was initially disappointed. However, after some more tests, I realized that the source material was actually lacking. The M80s played good recordingsly masterfully, and appeared to reveal the quality of bad recordings.

Both Kill Bill (part 1) and U571 were terrific with this speaker.

The Denon AVR-3805 worked great with the M80. No issues. I watched U571 yesterday at reference levels (0 db) yesterday, without a sub. At one point, there was an underwater explosion, the whole room shook (the M80s are great!). No strain on the receiver though.

Regretfully, I decided to return the EP500/Denon DVD 3910. When it came time to pay the bills, I decided that I might have to settle for a cheaper sub/dvd player. I'm thinking of the SVS 20-39PCi/Denon DVD 2910. Will the 20-39 work well with the M80 you think?

Thanks very much for your great/helpful posts.

Ananth

Axiom M80Ti, VP150, M3 on walls X 4, M3 ceiling X4, HSU VTF-3 MK3