Yeah, I know, this is a speaker site, but hey, I trust you guys here as I have always gotten honest responses to my questions, and enjoy participating in the discussions here.

This is my problem. I am going to go front projection, but I hear (and saw this past weekend) about how bad many pull down screens are with getting wrinkled or creases in them. I understand that Da-Lite, for example, has B and C class screens with the C having a larger roller that helps with this. I also understand that CSR helps as well as it controls how fast the screen retracts. I have also heard reports that electric screens are even better for keeping the screen in good contition and not being wavy. Add to that the option for tensioned screens, and it should be really quite good.

I want a nice flat screen, but I don't think that I will be able to swing a tensioned, motorized one due to cost. I am looking in the 96-106" range (16:9). I would jump on a fixed screen set up, but this is going to be in my family room in my basement.

What do you guys recommend for options? I am not totally opposed to a fixed screen as long as someone can help me with an idea for the decor for the room to make it more "family room" and less "dedicated theater" due to an agreement I have with my wife that I don't want to break. She is still struggling with the SVS cynlander sub, but I don't think that I should push it much further.

Thanks!

Farewell - June 4, 2020