Hey Nick,

Another thought, I was just hanging out at the DIY Screen forum over at AVS. There is a guy that claims Lowes, and some other home imrovement stores are now carrying Black Out Blinds that roll up. If you recall, Blackout Cloth (drapery liner) is widely used as a popular, cheap, DIY screen method when stretched over a DIY frame. You might want to check this out. If they truely have a window blind that is made of BlackOut material (will not let light pass through) and it is Matte White (gain of 1.0) you would be good to go. Of course, you would have to see if the material looks like it would stay flat and not be wavy, and also it would depend on the sizes available. If this worked, you could roll it up when not in use. Your pretty handy, just build your wife a nice, custom wood shelf along the wall with routed edges for her to place her pretty's. The screen could roll up under the wood edge.....

Ok edit below

Here is the quote from Steve at AVS...
One thing I have been experimenting with lately is levolor roll-blinds. You can buy a 73" nylon blind in many different colors--such as white or light grey. They come in roll-blind fashion, so you could probably easily attach a stand of some sort to the roll-blind.

I recently bought a 73" wide blind at Lowe's in Illinois for $30. The image it produces is pretty fantastic, and actually rivals my Screen Goo painted parkland plastic. I plan in make my own retractable screen with it on my wall.

You would have to go check them out in your new Lowe's on the East side. They may come in wider sizes, but this would get you a 41" x 73" or about an 84" diag. which I know is smaller than you hope. You never now, maybe they make larger sizes, and the light gray might enhance blacks, as long as it doesn't sacrifice color saturation. Another problem is the masking border on something like this, you'd have to get creative...

Later.....its bed time...

Last edited by sirquack; 01/19/05 05:58 AM.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85