A while back I asked if anyone had heard the Boston Acoustics VRi 595 in-ceiling speakers because a friend of mine had just bought them (very heavy wife influence in speaker selection). He has a Denon 3805 and a Def Tech sub. I got the opportunity to listen to the system briefly yesterday - and while the sound from the individual speakers was pretty decent compared to my very average in-ceiling Proficent C610s, it was nowhere near the sound I get from my Axioms or Polks - plus it was all coming from up in a 10 foot ceiling so it sounded very directionally artificial (for lack of a better term). So this leads to my ultimate question - Is it possible to make an in-wall or in-ceiling speaker that comes close to what one can achieve with standard bookshelf or floorstanders? And what about outdoor speakers? And if it is possible, has anyone done it - because another friend of mine is considering putting a home theater in the new house he is building and his wife likes the in-ceiling, in-wall idea... Thanks.