I've had my VP150 and M22ti's for a about 2 months now and have gotten a pretty good feel for how they sound. I bought the 150 first and my initial reaction was it sounded great. After listening to a bunch of movies and cd's I can't help but be disappointed with the 150 when compared to the 22's. So my question would be is it possible that I have a defective 150 or does the 150 sound very noticeably different than the 22's and I just have a preference for the way the 22's sound?

I'm disappointed in my 150 because to me it sounds muted, lacking in the high frequencies, as if the 3 midrange drivers are overpowering the two tweeters and all I'm hearing is midrange. Dialogue and music sound a bit compressed/confined, theres no sense of space and air with anything I play through the speaker. When I play movies,music,and especially test tones, the tonal quality/balance is noticeably different to that of my 22's.

I have the 150 angled towards my seating position and it's only about 6-8 inches higher than my 22's and also quite close in width to my 22's as well, only about 2 feet in between all 3 speakers. I tried replacing the 150 with one of my 22's and the sound was nearly identical to the other 22. Movies and music were spacious, airy, and clearer, basically what I wanted and expected from the 150 . I think trying that ruled out the possibility of room placement affecting the 150...so I'm a bit puzzled right now. What could be the problem or is this just how the VP150 sounds compared to the M22's?

-Brian

Last edited by asap2006; 01/21/03 05:06 AM.