"For using the DACs on the 2900 and analog connection, there is a seperate set of L/R outputs(seperate from the 6 channels used for multichannel)."
You know, I noticed that, and wondered what they were for.
When I hooked up the 6 ch. I used the sub/cntr/surrroundX2 and the Front1 and Front2 jacks (leaving the jacks directly to the left of those jacks empty.
And it played 2 ch stereo from a RBCD just fine.
I have been at it all day long, and really just want to sit down and watch a movie on my new system, but there are just so many questions that I am still trying to figure out (see my next post on this forum...) and since it is a MAJOR pain in the Arse to move the shelf system in and out, I am doing the bleary-eyed search for the answers before I push the whole shebang back against the wall.
Some parts of this HT thing have gotten easier since I first got into it 6 or 7 years ago, and some parts have gotten Quite a bit harder!
Thanks for the help!
These Axioms were worth the price of admission just for the help that I am getting here!
I'm sure you will be hearing plenty more from me!

Axioms; For when you've just Gotta have More Cowbell! 60s 150 350 8s 2is RX-V2500 DVD-C750 2900