Marc, although i'm not attempting to flame anyone, your statement as to what is 'fact' is still based on your subjective opinion which is biased by the knowledge of what you are listening to (e.g. Krell vs. Radio Shack Wonders), biased by the knowledge that you know its price ($10,000 vs. $100), and of course biased by the fact that you sell these materials. I respect the fact you have been in the business for a long time, and perhaps your hearing is acute to sonic differences, but unless you have been tested properly in a controlled environment, your conclusions are not entirely credible taken at face value. They are your beliefs, but that certainly does not make them fact.
Those conclusions would have to be second guessed, retested and reviewed from another controlled perspective before they can be labelled as 'fact'. This objective approach is how we conclude 'facts' through science.

I have seen and read statements of doubt about these principles like speaker break-in and they tend to come from people who are not resellers and have dug into the information about the technology and tried to assess it in a logical, educated manner.

The simple science behind determining whether there is a difference b/w broken in speakers, or breaking in electronics, etc. is very easy to do. Yet it is amazing how many businesses refuse to believe the studies that have already been done, with the information being put into the public even by very respected figures in the business such as Mr. Loftt or even after they have had the chance to be blind tested themselves. Of course you will also find the less scrupulous businesses attempting to market results from tests they did themselves in house which again...is biased and the data carries no confidence.

If a person buys a component and believes it makes their system sound better, then all the more power to them. But if a person had the chance to blind test a component before they bought to truly see if it made any difference, how many businesses would make alot less cash and sales because of this practice?

So again i reiterate, show me the science, lose the subjectivity of human emotion or psyche interference and then i will re-examine the 'facts' about such issues as speaker break-in or power conditioners. Until then, the laws of physics prevail and if there is some 'difference, then it will be measurable and it won't be unexplained.

Last edited by chesseroo; 01/26/03 07:55 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."