Muffinman.............If you want tight deep bass, try the new 9.6 very impressive sound for the price.I got them in Montreal at 500$ off because I bought a CREEK amp. They were on the floor for 4 days! Absolutely incredible! Build quality rivals others I saw in the store 3 and 4 times the price. I am amazed that AXIOM and Wharfedale can make sound at these prices! You really have to be careful out there these days because higher price DOES NOT always mean better. In some cases, I saw speakers that were finished in a superb manner but when played through a high end system, they sounded terrible to my ears. I asked the salesman what he thought and told me he sells 100 pairs of Wharfedales to 5 3000-4000$ sets as clients do not notice enough difference in sound to spend that kind of money. He also told me that clients should concentrate on their sources such as CD players and amps first and develop their systems around them. That is what I did and I am really happy with what I got. My friends can't believe what comes out of the AXIOMS and Wharfedales. Try all sorts of material but don't compensate for something because of a name or price. For example, I listened to all sorts of B and W speakers and found them bland and way overpriced but that is my opinion. Some people are more proud to tell you about what make their equipment is before how it sounds. How many of you told someone you own AXIOM and they said who??? What is that? Respond by asking them to come over and listen and they will be impressed.