So, just to close this off...

During the testing, I found that the M60s could fit into the bedroom if I put them in the right place, and they sure did sound fine up there. The M3s were surprisingly good but the M60s are still even better.

M2s are back downstairs in the HT, waiting for my sub to come back. I was expecting my sister-in-law to send the sub back and say "I never want one of these in my house again" but they seem to be really enjoying it. So far I have $300 of their money in their HT system (cast-off mains, cast-off surrounds from another family friend, $250 for HK130 and $50 for a Quest center) but I haven't had much luck finding a low budget sub. They're would probably have been happy with a real cheap system but friends don't let friends listen to crappy sound, right ?

I noticed a cheap used Paradigm PDR-8 in the canuck audio mart today and will try to grab that. It's pretty small for their room but they don't play very loud so should work out OK. The other option (now that I have an M60 bedroom system and don't need to buy more mains) is to wring out the ole budget a bit and pick up an EP500 or an SVS cylinder (hey, I like the shape) and have them keep the PSB sub.

What is the current thinking ? Has anyone seen any head-to-head reviews with EP500 yet ? My guess is that the EP500 is a bit more accurate while a comparable SVS can play a bit louder but I don't know which is going to be more useful in the new room. Heck, I don't even know if the new room is going to be great or a total disaster...

Going back to simpler things, the M2s sure do sound good in the HT system. Who'da figured ?

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8