Got my FO set of M60's, VP100 and QS 8's. Ended up getting the mansfield beech finish with the gold grilles and the WAF on these has been stellar! So far I haven't been able to find any prominent blemishes on any of the speakers. So the factory outlet gets two thumbs up (way up!).

The Axiom sound itself is wonderful. As many here have pointed out before, I'm hearing things in recordings that I never knew existed. The clarity is amazing. I listen to a lot of dance/electronic/world music so I wasn't sure if the axioms would be the right choice, but I'm glad to say that all my concerns were unfounded. Thanks to all on the forum for all the helpful advice! Still, guess I need to go out and get some Diana Krall now, eh?

Of course. the one thing that's missing in this setup right now is a subwoofer. Based on comments heard on this forum and elsewhere I've pretty much narrowed it down to the HSU VTF-3, SVS PC 20-39 or PB12-ISD. A higher priced alternative is the Axiom EP500 which I'm not sure about at this moment (knowing Axiom quality though, this might be worth it). My room is about 15x20x8 and the main speakers actually go along the long wall so the listener is about 12 feet from them. I would love to hear any comments you might have on these subs (or others) that might help me choose. Some questions in particular:
1) SVS - box or cylinder
2) SVS - regular or plus
3) SVS vs. HSU (better choice for music as well as HT)
4) EP500 - does this have an auto-on feature?
5) Any pointers to review sites or head to head comparisons?(I've looked at the reviews on Ecoustics)

Thanks a lot!

ramzing

Last edited by ramzing; 03/30/05 10:54 PM.