Just a quick vouch for Hsu subs. I went down to meet the good Dr. at their home base in California. I will never forget the experience. I walked in to the industrial style commercial building and sat near the entrance door on a small black couch at the request of a wirey assistant to Dr. Hsu. He stated that the employee's were in a "meeting" and would be right out.

What I heard next could only be described by the stretch marks on my face from the smile I presented. I heard what I believe to be "Lord of the Rings" fellowship playing in the next room. The balroq scene. Holy guacamole was I hearing some sweet bass and I wasn't even in the same room with them in their "meeting".

Needless to say I was completely blown away. I listened to a few of there box style subs. Dr. Hsu ended up helping me to decide on the VTF-3 MK-2. It has got some bass. I have a large room and I can't believe how low I have to set the volume on the 350 watt internal amp just to stop my neighbors houses from falling down. He He He
What can I say, it makes your eyeballs flutter.

It did take me a long time to get the bass response smoothed out over the frequency range. It just took some experimentation with the sound meter, test disc, location, levels, crossover setting, number of ports, a bunch of beers. . .but I carry on.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED