Greetings all,

I need some advice on purchasing a big TV. I have been reading stuff all over the net on several models of large televisions and the more reviews I read, the more I get confused. Let me tell you what I’m looking for and the models I’m considering and I’ll let you all have a field day weighing in your opinions.
I’m looking at a set between 50-65 inches; I want to spend no more than $3500; it will be used primarily to watch digital cable and DVD’s played on my Denon 2200. I’m also leaning towards either a DLP or LCD. Plasma’s are too expensive for me.
This said; the sets I have been looking at are:
1. Sony KDF-55WF655
2. Toshiba 52HMX94
3. Samsung HLP6163W OR HLP5063W

I have heard and read that both Sony and Toshiba have terrible customer support track records with these kinds of TV’s.
I have done a lot of reading on C/Net’s web site and they have glowing user reviews of all of these models sprinkled with a few “Don’t Buy this set” negative reviews telling horror story’s of them screwing up royally topped with no support from the companies.
I want to buy a new big screen soon and hope you all can steer me in the right direction. Please tell me what you all own/recommend and why. I trust your opinions over all these web sites that I have been reading on.
Thanks
Mac

Denon AVR-3805
Denon DVD-2200
SVS PB1-ISD
Axiom Audio M80ti
Axiom Audio VP150
Axiom Audio QS8

“I feel more like I do now than when I got here!”