Every time we walked into one of the electronics stores with dozens of TVs, my wife and I picked out the Sony Grand WEGA LCD as the best picture - so we bought a 42" (also comes in 50" and 60"). At this point I wish I had bought the 60" and I have been looking at prices. It is about $3700 around here (San Antonio) after a rebate right now. The only concern regarding quality/service is that the bulbs are problematic and once it burns out it is hard to come by if you want to get it from Sony so you should get an extended service contract - and then when the Sony bulb goes out you can get another (manufactured by someone other than Sony) bulb immediately (on a Sunday with in-house service in my case) rather than wait several weeks for a Sony bulb to come in so you can go pick it up. Except for that problem (after 1 month) we have had 16 months of great trouble-free viewing. The $399 for the service contract for 4 years is well worth it and the picture is great. I have 3 friends waiting for me to pull the trigger on a 60" so they can buy my 42" off me. I paid about $3000 counting the tax and service contract and all 3 are willing to give me $2000 for a used set because they think it is the best picture they have ever seen (both in my house and in the store). With the service contract the 60" may be more than you want to spend, so check out the 50".

I'm wondering how my friends are going to take it when I put the three of them in an auction against each other...? :-)