In reply to:

I am a scientist in my profession, and my writing, too, has been "tempered with the direct and factual style that such an education requests." Nevertheless, I do discern the difference between the statements:

"Your friend is a fool." and "Your friend is entirely incorrect."

Agreed. That reference was focused at the problem 2x6 has with both Chess and myself in our direct posting. He's gone off on a similar slant before based solely on his own perception of some negative tone in my posts and I believe Chess's. The tone isn't intended at all.

The "fool comment" was the result of my growing frustration and anger towards a distinct elitism in the A/V world by which people dismiss those that haven't spent a fortune on their hardware. Now certainly, this sort of elitism exists everywhere, but it's especially distasteful to me because so much of it is focused on things that actually don't make a difference at all. An example would be those that spend a fortune on expensive bi-wire setups and then dismiss less expensive solutions, or at times even those that use such solutions as trivial and unworthy of their superior ears.

The individual in question dismissed jdm when in fact it would sound no different if wired the way the individual typically wires his own system. That irritates me.