Two thoughts come to mind, one involves a P.T. Barnum quote . The other is this:

If someone spends many thousands for a home theatre setup it is only natural that they may feel that the connections should also be high end. Having said that I think there are much better ways to spend your money as far as your ears are concerned.

My idea of highend is AR (cheap and onsale) for connections and the appropriate gauge wire for your speakers, bought at a big box hardware store. If in doubt go with 12 although that is probably overkill for short runs.

I think my one hangup is that all connections be by one manufacturer if possible, no reason other than it looks nice and this gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Now to get really scientific; if b-amping does one use two different wires or is one "bright" and the other "warm"? Do you wrap them around each other, or parallel to each other, or in fact is one straight with the other one wrapped around it. In the latter case how would one adjust for the differing lengths in the wires? Or would the longer wire simply go to the smaller speaker letting the bulk of the larger speaker make up the difference.

I'm sure yours is a sincere question, just do a search in this forum and you will find a lot of sensible information.

gotta go; my work is done.

cheers

Getting to 2,000 posts; one year at a time vp160/qs8/qs4/SVS 2000/m60/Monolith 3x200 amp