In reply to:

If that is so, then why in speaker wire reviews, people claim they can hear a difference between wires?

Psychology. People expect $2000/m cables to sound better than $.47/m cables. However, every single double blind test I've ever seen demonstrated the total inability of even the experts to determine if any of the cables sounded better than one another. Some of the more anal claimed they could hear differences, but none ever consistently picked the expensive cables as better sounding.

The result: there may be a tiny difference in the resulting signal, but it's so microscopic and it doesn't produce a discernably BETTER signal, ever.

In reply to:

There has to be some difference or there would not be a $2,500 + wire out there!

If there's an idiot willing to pay $2,500 for cables, I'd happily wrap some Belden in a carbon fiber sheath to look pretty and sell them the cables. I have no problem taking money from stupid people. That doesn't mean the result is any better. People spend ridiculous amounts of money for zero return all the time.