Texture makes it pretty difficult to use a tape line for color separation. The tape just can’t stick to the flat area between the little bumps and you will get bleed through no matter what you do. For these situations, I just plan to use a wall paper boarder or trim. But if your careful, and paint the area with several light coats, bleed through is minimized. Let one coat set up to the point that it’s a little tacky, then apply the next, and so on. Heavy coats will most definitely bleed through.

I’ve tried just about every new gizmo that comes out including the Wagner feed rollers, but end up going back to my good ol’ rollers and pan. I just use a good roller with 3/8” nap for walls. The E-Z rollers are what I look for.

The blue tape is more expensive, but really is the way to go. It peals off much easier and will not leave a glue residue behind. Just make sure you peel the tape off while the paint is still wet. This will keep the paint from flaking at the joint line.

I don’t use oil base for anything with the exception of Cedar and some of my hard wood furniture projects where I need a resilient glossy finish. Water based products are difficult to apply because they set up too quickly and leave little air bubbles. Cedar just needs oil based stain because cedar leaches oil that will have a tendency to interact negatively with water based products. When painting interior sheet rock walls, I use a latex enamel. I tend to use semi gloss over flat because flat collects dust and is difficult to clean.