Thanks for the replies. Some interesting reading, for sure. I’m certain the 272 will have enough power to make my ears bleed, no argument there. I’ve asked their tech department for more clarification and will post what they tell me, if anything.

I guess it all comes down to how a person prefers their music to sound. After numerous hours searching with Google, the general consensus from about a gazillion posts, is NAD is a “neutral” amp with excellent mid range. I’ve also read that they tend to tame down the highs and don’t have as much punch with low end bass at low volume. Rotel on the other hand is most often described as “bright”, with excellent punch on the low end bass at low volume and those cymbal crashes at high volume. Seeing how I wouldn’t mind warming up the 80’s a little, the NAD’s characteristics might just be the way for me to go.

And NAD isn’t exactly cheap. They’re right about in line with Rotel. The only difference is that there are a few NAD dealers on line that will give you a bit of a break. Rotel doesn’t sell on line and I have found no dealers that will sell under MSRP. But even with the discount, the NAD combo is only $175 less than the Rotel when shipping is figured into the mix.