Got the Rotels hooked up last night. I read somewhere that amps need to “cook”. So I’m letting the turkey bake for a few hours. I think it’s total nonsense, but what the hell, I’ll bite this time.

Some general impressions so far…..

SWEAT!! These babies kick a$$.....

They have plenty o’ oomph. I’m running about 90 db ten feet away with the volume knob at the ten o’clock position. I haven’t turned her past 1 o’clock cause it’s just to frigging loud and Audioslave was scaring mothers and small children across the street in the park. So there is most certainly a difference in that regard between the HK and Rotel. All you folks who like to say wattage/current doesn’t make that big a difference with speaker volume level output can just go…..well, I won’t say it. But you are wrong. Most definitely wrong. Assuming that Rotel is as conservative with their power ratings as HK is, the 1080 has double the wattage as the 7200 and it’ll definitely play much, much louder. Come on up and I’ll prove it to you…… but you have to stay in the room without hearing protection. I’ll even let you have the remote.

I love the tone contour control. Can’t decide which position I prefer yet, but I sure like it. It works slick. Oh this is fun….so many choices… I love it!

I’ll post more after the turkey’s done “cooking” and I have a chance to do some a/b listening.