thanks for the advice.. my first impression was to suck the air out, but i just wanted some back-up for my idea.

my Onkyo does get a little hot during high volumes on long movies, but it isnt horrible. and it is hot, not just warm. it is uncomfortable to put your hands on it for more than 5-7 seconds. it wont BURN you or anything, but it is definitely more towards hot than warm.. sorry, i am jabbering.. anyway, here is why i am thinking about getting the fan.

right now, because i have cable, and limiting inputs on my TV, i dont use the receiver for normal everyday TV watching. i just use the speakers on the TV, and only use the receiver for listening to cd's, or watching movies on DVD.. so at best, the receiver is only on for 2-4 hours at a time, maybe more on the weekends. but, i am fixing to get a satellite dish, and i will connect it thru the receiver, and then to the TV.. so, pretty much, whenever the TV is on, the receiver will be on. so, it will go from being used 2-4 hours a day.. to being used 6-8 hours a day, depending on how much TV is watched when i am at work. so, as just a safety measure, i would like to get the fan to combat any stress from heat that might occur.

i am just gonna plug it into the dedicated socket on the back of the unit.. so, when the unit is on, the fan is on.. unit off, fan off.. easy...

EDIT- thyname, DC all the way.. its just easier..there is a little mom & pops electrical shop here in town that already has the fans with plug-in cords attached for real cheap..

bigjohn

Last edited by bigjohn; 06/16/05 05:06 PM.

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??