Ok, my ideal level will probably peak in about the same range as the louder theaters. I don't know if anyone here has actually measured this as a reference. Anyone? I am one of those unlucky few that procrastinated with the Radio Shack buyout and thus am sans SPL meter.

I have heard comments with some amplifier manufacturers that the higher power models "sound better" due to their "ability to control the speakers" as a result of the increased available power.

I could speculate that a good amplifier manufacturer should be great all across the board and thus it comes down to a simple matter of dB. Dynamic headroom?

I understand that the Axiom speakers are quite efficient and thus should not require a lot of power. In addition, if I construct a media room properly to contain the energy of the sound, I should theoretically require less power (as compared to those who place their systems in living rooms where the systems experience lots of loss - hence the need for bigger subwoofers). Also my media room would be classified as "small" at approximately 14' x 23' x 7'.