Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Re: axiom price increase??
#127464 02/10/06 02:06 AM
veteran
veteran
It seems like EVERYTHING lately has gone up in price.
This does not surprise me and is understandable.

my 2 cents

#127465 02/10/06 03:00 AM
hobbyist
hobbyist
blackorp, I’m not sure either. I said taxes/duties because I wasn’t sure how to label it, I tried to imply duties or taxes at the border. I know Axiom doesn’t charge tax to U.S.A. customers but I was not sure about any duties that might apply. I agree with you sirquack, Axiom could charge more and I think if they did they would still be here tomorrow doing just fine.

Either way this is just laughable to see people complain about price increases on audio gear. When the Denon 3805 first came out last year it premiered at about 100$ less than the 3806 did this year but I saw no mention of that. My satellite went up 3 times in 3 years but I don’t post anywhere about it and I haven’t cancelled it. I want my HD channels and my movie channels, it’s a luxury and I’ll pay for it.

Once again, everything is going up but thanks to the power of capitalism, you don’t have to purchase anything that you feel is over priced.

#127466 02/10/06 06:48 AM
aficionado
aficionado
I hear you, even if nobody else does.

Lower prices may equate to higher volume. It worked for Taco Bell a while back.

In-n-Out is my favorite company (Axiom a close second ;p). Superior product, competitive prices, quality employees making higher than market wages. All they need now is to get you through the drive thru a little quicker (you folks who don't live in the western US really need to visit In-n-Out on your next trip).

#127467 02/10/06 01:55 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
As Amie mentioned in her post, shipping costs have increased, most likely a little thing called a fuel sur-charge. I notcied the increase the last time I shipped vai UPS.
So how about Axiom not offering free shipping, and also when new customers decide to exchange speakers in the first 30 days, perhaps the customer should pay the shipping cost for thier indecision.
I agree with several members on the forum, this discussion of the small cost increase is absurd in my opinion. If one thinks that Axiom is simply increasing costs because if increased sales, or to fund a new jet for Ian, they do not understand how Ian operates the Axiom company.
If cost increases of Axiom products is going to be an issue for some, I wish them well in finding a company that does not do it.

#127468 02/10/06 02:13 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Re: jahko

This is really quite silly, unless you were born under a rock or just landed on this planet you should have a good understanding of the impact that oil/gas prices prices are having on everybody.

Our local municipality is looking at a 4.5-5.5% tax increase that is driven primarily by the cost of fuel. It imapcts everything from the cost of running buses, to heating buildings, to the cost of asphalt, to the cost of food for the various social services they run.

I've been at Axiom's factory and was very impressed with what a efficient operation they are running.

Other companies don't exist in a vacuum, I'm sure their prices will be impacted as well. You look at a product and rate it's worth against the competition. Axiom IMHO is still a value especially when you factor in the outstanding customer service.

Just pray we don't end up with a war in Iran.

...oh yes and one final thing to my rant at least they were classy enough to let us know about it in advance

getting to 2,000 posts; one year at a time vp160/qs8/qs4/ep350/m60/m2200s
#127469 02/10/06 02:37 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
BigWill,

Next time you're there order me a 4x4 animal style, will ya?

#127470 02/10/06 03:06 PM
aficionado
aficionado
In reply to:

Our local municipality is looking at a 4.5-5.5% tax increase that is driven primarily by the cost of fuel. It imapcts everything from the cost of running buses, to heating buildings, to the cost of asphalt, to the cost of food for the various social services they run.

Ford is absolutely correct, most industries in North America have been greatly impacted by rising fuel and gas costs. Both major Canadian railroads - CN & CP charge a 10% fuel surcharge on ag commodities that has been in effect only for about the past year. Trucking companies all have fuel surcharges in effect of between 10 and 15%. The majority of this surcharge has gone into effect over the past year. I can understand completely why couriers charges are increasing and as a result why Axiom would have to increase their charges. Seems more than reasonable to me.

"Chickens don't clap."
#127471 02/10/06 03:21 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
One more point of Axiom and the shipping policy as for delivery time. Why is it when one places an order at Axiom, you recieve it with in just a few days. (no more than 3 at most, usually, excluding weekends) when the same shipper takes 5 days for less of a mileage distance within the US and no customs to deal with.
So to aid in more of a cost efective manor, would customers settle for a longer waiting time to recieve their speakers, or an insignificant increase in price to have them much sooner. I vote for the later.

#127472 02/10/06 03:41 PM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W
Being in the construction trade all of our prices had to be increased. We had a sharp rise in the cost of fuel, asphalt, concrete and the price for natural gas for the shop. Do you guys suppose we just absorbed the cost to keep prices down for the consumer, no, we passed them all on to the costumers end. Hell we even have to pay a fuel surcharge on getting the garbage picked up.

When I first started to visit this forum it seemed like we all were surprised on how little Axiom charged for their wares. Now after a couple of increases in price we see people pissing and moaning that they are charging too much. Like was said before Axiom could take their business over to China and we would all benefit from lower prices. I personally would rather they didn't and pay the modest increase to keep the fine people at Axiom employed.

Don't be suprised when we see other North American speaker companies raise their prices as well. You can bet it's coming it's just a matter of when. At least Axiom gave us a heads up to when and how much. Look around and see if the others are posting how much and when their prices are going up.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

#127473 02/10/06 04:23 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Not to argue, just want to try and keep the facts correct, the last price increase was actually over a year ago, I don't have the exact date, but it was November of 2004. I'm sure someone can post the exact date.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,480
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters