AxiomAudio Blog

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
0 registered (), 72 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13296 Members
11 Forums
22827 Topics
403279 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17742
pmbuko 16259
SirQuack 13318
CV 11146
MarkSJohnson 10833
Meanwhile On Facebook

A very fond farewell party last night . . . we miss you Noreen!

Hope everyone's got their summer favourite playlists cued up for the weekend! W...

(y) Love this customer review of the M2s! "the first time listening to my new a...

These LFR1100 speakers in custom Eggshell White are on their way to Taiwan (yes,...

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#151909 - 11/23/06 02:57 AM cabling question
muttsinparadise Offline
buff

Loc: Hawaii
Aloha Friday Axiomites: Once again, I beg of your knowledge and expertise... my Epic 80 setup should be arriving in a week or so, and I ordered the Outlaw 990/7125 combo today. Speaker cabling went well with Belden 12 White from Blue Jeans, and I actually built a hanging center shelf using Arakawa hardware that looks great. As for interconnects, I have a question: I remember reading that extra speaker cable should not be loosely coiled due to, I suppose, generated noise? Is this true, and if so, does it apply to amp-preamp interconnects, S-video cable, or Digital Audio cable? I ask because I'm trying to decide whether to purchase longer cables than currently necessary, as there is little additional cost. Oh, also, I see from one of the other posts that banana plugs will not fit the QS8's when they're used with the wall brackets. If I'm planning on just using the stock T-bracket, will bananas fit, or should I hold off on finishing the ends of my surround cables? thanks as always...

#151910 - 11/23/06 03:35 AM Re: cabling question [Re: muttsinparadise]
JohnK Offline
shareholder in the making

Mark, coils of wire form inductors, which roll off the high frequencies. This is how in a speaker crossover the highs are kept out of the woofer. The practice is frowned upon, but a few coils of speaker wire wouldn't have an appreciable effect. Shielded wires, such as the cables you mention, wouldn't create a significant inductance, so don't worry about it.

Yes, I understand that the regular QS T-brackets don't leave enough room to use banana plugs.

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

#151911 - 11/23/06 03:48 AM Re: cabling question [Re: muttsinparadise]
muttsinparadise Offline
buff

Loc: Hawaii
Mahalo John. Bummer about the bananas but at least it sounds funny. Aloha.

#151912 - 11/23/06 08:07 AM Re: cabling question [Re: muttsinparadise]
bridgman Offline
axiomite

Loc: Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.