AxiomAudio Blog

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
6 registered (Kevin1, Dundas, MarkSJohnson, bridgman, Ken.C, dakkon), 109 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13294 Members
11 Forums
22822 Topics
403181 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17739
pmbuko 16257
SirQuack 13318
CV 11136
MarkSJohnson 10829
Meanwhile On Facebook

Hope everyone's got their summer favourite playlists cued up for the weekend! W...

(y) Love this customer review of the M2s! "the first time listening to my new a...

These LFR1100 speakers in custom Eggshell White are on their way to Taiwan (yes,...

Friday the 13th . . . oooooh! Who's your favorite Slasher flick character?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#161407 - 03/15/07 02:19 PM Re: Emotiva LMC/LPA or Outlaw 1070 for M80 setup? [Re: richeydog]
bhull Offline
buff

Quote:

Quote:

I do believe that the LMC-1 has issues.

Read Gonk at AV123 forum

An interesting development has occured after you posted that link. If you continue reading that thread, Dan Laufman has made a statement concerning the LMC-1. He has said all remaining issues have been resolved...and will be making an announcement tomorrow explaining all the details

We will see...

Awesome! I checked it out and am suprised the president of the company himself posted there...nice to see them paying attention and rectifyng issues. So far I am completely sold on this combo....now I just need some more overtime to be able to afford all this!

Kinda funny, I was originally going to buy a DefTech Pro Cinema 1000 and some kind of Denon receiver. Then I screwed myself by doing some research, learning about response curves and other ratings. Slowly as I read more and more, my budget kept crawling up and up. I went from wanting that combo to wanting a combo that is going to cost more than twice as much as I had intended to spend. I think the running tally is going to be around $4200 (I know, thats not a lot for many HT/Audiophiles, but its a lot for my middle class ass)...but I know I am trading/paying for the difference of "oh that sounds really good" to "OH MY GOD!"...and considering the price points of a lot of products, I think the chosen components are at the real sweet spot for price/performance.

Anyway, I have about half the money saved up and should be ready to order everything within the next 60 days or so...really looking forward to having a pair of M80s flanking my TV and the HSU sub sitting next to my couch.

#161408 - 03/16/07 12:25 AM Re: Emotiva LMC/LPA or Outlaw 1070 for M80 setup? [Re: bhull]
JohnK Offline
shareholder in the making

BH, I intentionally wasn't specific, since moderately priced receivers are so good these days that, as long as you get the features you want, you really can't go wrong. Among those that come to mind in that general price area are the Denon 887, Onkyo 604 and Yamaha 661.

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.