Print Thread
Rate Thread
Pictures of my basement/Axiom set up.
#186282 11/30/07 08:23 PM
cameron Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I posted this as well in a thread about using tone controls in the stereo forum, but I figured I post a thread here since I just figured out how to post pictures and I've been a lurker/occasional poster here for a looong time. I have had the same speakers/subs for around 3 years and for movies it's been great but I am mainly a music guy.

My system: m60's, vp150, m2's, svs 2 12 inch (can't remember model), dayton 10 inch sub, m3's (upstairs).

The screenshots of winamp on my tv look better than you see here, but I am only using s-video. If anyone knows how to hook up a computer to a HDTV I would love to hear it. My tv has component in, no DVI or HDMI.

Ahhh yes. Motivation was high to take out the shelf to hang up the speaker, but very low to paint where the shelf used to be...:)

A rare moment when all the toys are put away. Nice pillow, busting at the seams.

I have since extended the sub cord so it's not sticking out from under the couch... too tempting for a 2 year old.

Media Library shot using winamp hooked to my tv. It looks clearer/better than this picture, I'm impressed with the quality for just using s-video. I'd love to use component cords but so far all insructions on line look like a nightmare to understand.

Here's a shot of a playlist, once again it looks better in person.

[/quote]

Re: Pictures of my basement/Axiom set up.
cameron #186289 11/30/07 08:52 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Looks nice, except for the Nebraska stuff... ;\)

I also love the subwoofer coffee table....

"I'd like that martini shaken, and not stirred...."

Farewell - June 4, 2020
nickbuol #186328 12/01/07 04:59 AM
veteran
veteran
a sub woofer as a coffee table.. i like that. let's see i have 4 coffee tables right now that I've been meaning to replace... hmm, that could be interesting

What does this button do?
cameron #186334 12/01/07 01:01 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I recently had the occasion to visit the home of forum member Ray3. While there, I realized that my reaction to any given room is emotional rather than intellectual: it's based on how the room makes me feel rather than on my critical judgment of how it looks. I suspect a career as a reviewer for Architectural Digest is out of the question, huh? Interestingly, I find most rooms in that particular publication, though beautiful, to be cold, forbidding, uninviting, impersonal.

When I look at the photos of Cameron's room, I get the same feeling as I did in Ray's room. To me, both rooms say (even if their owners don't \:\( ) "come on in, kick your shoes off, help yourself to something out of the fridge, make yourself comfortable and let's watch a movie or listen to some music. They're "livable" rooms meant for the comfort, relaxation and wellbeing of real people, rather than works of art. Works of art are wonderful, and important, but I wouldn't want to live in one.

So to both Cameron and Ray I say BRAVO and pass that popcorn over here, will ya?

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
Ajax #186393 12/01/07 11:00 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Nice picks from our NE neighbor, although you might want to reduce the size of the pics a bit for people like Bridgman who are still on dial up. \:\) lol Oh yeah, as Nick mentioned that Nebraska thing has to go, just kidding. \:\)

Last edited by sirquack; 12/01/07 11:00 PM.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

SirQuack #186394 12/01/07 11:06 PM
aficionado
aficionado
I love the gray-ish color, and as another poster stated...VERY comfy/kick your shoes off atmosphere

Last edited by vassillios; 12/01/07 11:07 PM.

Made on a Mac
vassillios #186395 12/01/07 11:14 PM
aficionado
aficionado
i'm curious about that fan...must be warm in you neck of the woods

Made on a Mac
vassillios #186396 12/01/07 11:50 PM
cameron Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Thanks for the feedback guys...

I would say "kick your shoes off feeling" describes my room completely (thanks Ajax). When I look at the pretty custom wood/high gloss stuff that Axiom is selling now I think, "damn I'd love to have that", but then I quickly remember that speakers that nice would stick out like a sore thumb here. As Jerry Seinfeld said, "A little too delightful."

Yeah, I'm shocked I actually figured out how to post pics - changing size is the next step...:)

The walls that were white used to be natural wood, but it looked like you were in a log cabin...:) I'm not sure if I like the white, I may paint over that some day.

I'm thinking of putting up more pictures of my favorite albums and taking down the Neb. blanket. I already have Metalica's 3 great albums and Awake by Dream Theater. What do you guys think? Is 34 too old for a basement covered in album art? \:\)

The fan isn't used very often, my wife uses it when she's doing yoga (I tried it a couple times, I'll stick to weights her yoga workout is harder).

Yep, I went to Nebraska. I'm from Kansas (KC suburb) though, so I'm not a brainwashed fan like all my college buddies. I have the luxury of being a NU football fan (it was great while I was in Lincoln in the mid 90's) and also a KU basketball fan. No rivalry in either sport historically.

3 of my college years we won the national championship... talk about spoiled.

Does anyone else have there computer hooked up to their tv? I'd love to figure out how to go HD from my computer.

Wow, what a rambling post.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,484
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters