So I bought the Halo 3 Legendary Edition earlier this week when it was $60 on Amazon.com (normal price: $130). I already owned the normal edition, but someone I know just got a 360, so I gave him that one. I figured that even if I only felt like watching the special features once, I could trade with my nephew and take his normal edition.

But I think I'll keep it.

Ha ha. I won't be in a rush to watch the special features again, but I am enjoying them. The making of documentary really makes you appreciate how much toil goes into making a video game, at least of the AAA FPS variety. It's one of those jobs I grew up wishing I could do, but now that I'm older I realize just how much I wouldn't be able to stand it.

Anyway, it also comes with a pretty cool A/V calibration tool. One of the characters steps you through the process, which makes it mildly entertaining. Most of the emphasis was on the video, with the audio section just being a quick run-through of channels to ensure you have those connected correctly. Still, it was nice to see another take on this kind of tool.

On that topic, I still haven't bought the HD DVD edition of Digital Video Essentials. What happened to the new Avia, by the way? I was sort of waiting on that to come out to see which one I wanted to go for. Also, besides HD calibration discs, does anyone have any HD demo-type discs to recommend?