AxiomAudio Blog

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
5 registered (Gary Vose Sr, Ajax, medic8r, Ken.C, tomtuttle), 111 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13294 Members
11 Forums
22822 Topics
403181 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17739
pmbuko 16257
SirQuack 13318
CV 11136
MarkSJohnson 10829
Meanwhile On Facebook

Hope everyone's got their summer favourite playlists cued up for the weekend! W...

(y) Love this customer review of the M2s! "the first time listening to my new a...

These LFR1100 speakers in custom Eggshell White are on their way to Taiwan (yes,...

Friday the 13th . . . oooooh! Who's your favorite Slasher flick character?

Page 8 of 24 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23 24 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#294205 - 02/27/10 02:17 PM Re: EP800 wins an award [Re: grunt]
Ken.C Online   content
shareholder in the making

Loc: NoVA
The way the cable comparisons with Monster usually go down is that one TV is hooked up with an s-video cable, while the other is using Monster HDMI. Gizmodo has exposed this a few times.

#294206 - 02/27/10 02:17 PM Re: EP800 wins an award [Re: grunt]
fredk Offline
axiomite

Loc: Canada
\:D

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!

#294208 - 02/27/10 02:20 PM Re: EP800 wins an award [Re: Micah]
fredk Offline
axiomite

Loc: Canada
Micah. All you can do is lead the horse to water. From there, its up to the horse.

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!

#294211 - 02/27/10 02:30 PM Re: EP800 wins an award [Re: fredk]
Adrian Offline
axiomite

Loc: It's all about the location.
Speaking of cables, I've seen RG6(RG59?) cable at Dollarama for something like $2-3 CD.

#294256 - 02/27/10 04:42 PM Re: EP800 wins an award [Re: Micah]
htnut
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Micah
At this point I was about to burst I was so appauled by the sales gimicks they'd been pulling over Tony's eyes.

* The name(s) have been changed to protect the innocent. *

Fun (and frustrating) story, but unfortunately all too common. The "shootout" should be interesting, unless you can talk him out of the purchase...there's still time, don't give up!

#294263 - 02/27/10 05:32 PM Re: EP800 wins an award [Re: ]
Micah Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Indiana you hoser!!!!
 Originally Posted By: htnut

Fun (and frustrating) story, but unfortunately all too common. The "shootout" should be interesting, unless you can talk him out of the purchase...there's still time, don't give up!

You know, when he hears the difference I'll mention the M22's, but I'm sort of doubting it'll make him run out and order some. He's more of a BB store kinda guy, for what ever reaseon. So perhaps I'll just sit back and see what he says. If he seems ok with the way the Bose stack up against my Epic 80/800 for the money, then perhaps I'll just go along with it as well and tell him he got himself a good system.

Like Grunt said, who am I to push Axiom on him. If Bose blows his hair back, then more power too him I suppose. I suppose in the big picture I coulda saved about $3600 bucks if Ida just thought two little speakers were 'all that and a bag of chips'! ;\)

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD

#294271 - 02/27/10 07:18 PM Re: EP800 wins an award [Re: Ken.C]
audiosavant Offline
devotee

Loc: Worldwide
 Originally Posted By: kcarlile
Hey, you guys don't have a problem with Apple/Apple User bashing, feel free to keep reading. I'm not going to. It's that simple.

It's funny, most people that bash Apple do not own or use their products.

And are certainly not working with them in a professional capacity!

I will never understand why anyone would suffer the aesthetically ugly and utterly confusing/poor performance/buggy virus ridden indignity of the Windows os, but that's just my, admittedly biased, opinion.

Unless you like geeking out and building computers that is... \:\)

Myself, and other professionals in the audio/visual arts mostly use Macs. And get stuff done. Quickly and elegantly.

Windoze machines are business tools. Macs are paint brushes. Yes that sounds snobby and elitist, but it's true.

Having said that, they are way too expensive!

Like our two-party political system here in America, I look forward someday to a viable alternative to the Mac/Windows os domination, but until someone can come up with an easier, high quality way to mix audio in surround or edit high definition video with ease and power without third party hardware/software conflicts (see crappy pc firewire implementation), then I'm sticking with Apple.

But yeah, Axiom deserves all the awards it gets!!! Lol!

#294275 - 02/27/10 07:30 PM Re: EP800 wins an award [Re: audiosavant]
grunt Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Nirvana
When I was into writing code and working on web pages I used Linux because of all the free tools and customizability. When I was heavy into computer gaming I used a PC because there weren’t crap for Apple/Mac games. I imagine if I were an artist or educator I would use a Mac. Makes sense to use the best tool for the job.

I have no love for Microshaft but the IBM-Micro model dominance has for good or worse brought some IMO need equipment standardization in what was at least for me at one time a nightmare of trying to get various components to play nice together.

#294276 - 02/27/10 07:34 PM Re: EP800 wins an award [Re: audiosavant]
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club

Loc: Richland, WA, USA
 Originally Posted By: audiosavant
Windoze machines are business tools. Macs are paint brushes. Yes that sounds snobby and elitist, but it's true.

I think paint brushes are even easier to use than Macs, though. Ahh, back when things were simple.

#294283 - 02/27/10 09:45 PM Re: EP800 wins an award [Re: prototype3a]
pmbuko Offline

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
 Originally Posted By: prototype3a
However, I am no fanboi and recognize that the iPad is a piece of crap but people will buy it all the same simply because Apple made it.

I find it fascinating, in a human behavioral way, how so many people seen to enjoy forming negative opinions about products they have neither seen nor used. "Yessir! I'm proud to believe it's crap!" Apple seems to suffer from this more than most companies.

I fully agree that their products are not for everyone, but the strength of the negative opinions goes beyond "It's not for me."

Are people threatened by Apple?

Page 8 of 24 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23 24 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.