Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
New SVS PC-Ultra has arrived!
#34540 02/20/04 04:26 PM
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Well I got my new SVS and so far I'm pleased. It's heads and tails above my old workhorse which is a Boston Acoustics VR500 and I prefer the SVS over a Paradigm Signature Servo I currently have on audition. I thought the Boston was a decent sub but in the last 2 day's I have realized that the Boston just went BOOM! and the SVS actually puts out bass and if need be, it also puts out BOOM! and I mean BOOM! (Tuneable down to 5hz) The Paradigm is going back as I prefer the bass that the SVS puts out and the SVS also sounds much better with my M80's. When it comes to 2 channel listening, there is no comparison. The SVS is heads and tails above the Paradigm. With movies they both sound excellent but once again I prefer the SVS as I found the LFE effects to be more pronounced and more importantly, clearer then the Paradigm.

I'm so darn happy that my 11 month search for a new sub is finally over. Over the last 11 months I have tried a total of 14 different subs costing less then the SVS and some costing much more. One thing that was a hurdle for me to overcome was the Wife. She is not pleased with the size of this brute but to her credit she admits that it sounds better then anything I have had in the house to date.

For anybody thinking about a new sub, do yourself a favor and give this thing a listen as it does not disappoint. SVS has an awesome product and some of the best customer support I have come across.

http://www.svsubwoofers.com/subs_pc_ultra.htm

Last edited by NeverHappy; 02/20/04 04:28 PM.
Re: New SVS PC-Ultra has arrived!
#34541 02/20/04 06:20 PM
buff
buff
I pointed a friend to SVS for a sub and he went all out with the PC Ultra. He pre-ordered in January but apparently some parts are still missing so it hasn't shipped yet. When did you order?

I can't wait to demo it. I'm glad to hear about the comparison with the Servo, too, and I'm even more glad the SVS won.

Re: New SVS PC-Ultra has arrived!
#34542 02/20/04 11:51 PM
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
I ordered mine around January 5th or so. Right after they announced it. Not 100% on the date but it was around then. Right after I ordered it I also emailed Erik at SVS and tried to make sure I would be one of the first to get it. It must have worked as I got it fairly quickly but it was still over a month wait. As for the delay right now, I saw that on there site. From the sounds of it they have it all worked out and they should start shipping any day now!

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,947
Posts442,495
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044