Got some stuff done today. As usual, not as much as I wanted, but that was partially because I forgot about a key element, and also because my 12 year old gets her Christmas chameleon tomorrow and there were all sorts of "Dad, can you help with this?" kind of stuff, including building a 19"x19"x30" (LxWxH) stand for the cage... That and the fact that I completely forgot about the projector mount (that is what I was eluding to before) it took a chunk of my day. I had to drive an unexpected total of about 2 hours in the 2 trips to the home improvement stores to get everything, plus the time at the stores, again, because I was brain dead and didn't get the mount stuff while I was at least at one of them and had to make the return trip).
Anyway, what I did get done tonight:
Shortened the projector cable conduit since the projector will be further back.
Relocated the projector cable box.
Relocated the projector power box.
Cut two notches in the framing for the recessed outlet for the star ceiling so that the hat channel would fit correctly in one of the rows.
Put the projector mount up (the part that goes into the ceiling, not the part that attaches to the projector) - See pictures below.
Put all of the insulation up in the theater ceiling.
Put the last piece of insulation up on the theater wall.
Put up all of the hat channel after needing to cut them down to 128" in length.
Took down all of the panels that made up the bottom of the soffits.
Put acoustical caulk on the bottom of all of the backer boxes for the can lights that will be in the soffits.
Put all of the soffit bottom panels back up.
caulked all of the seams and joints on the soffits.
The only thing left before I can start drywalling the theater is I need to put some putty on the back of the projector cable and power boxes. I was about to do it, but decided that the crap that fell into my eyes, even though I was wearing my safety glasses, had been bugging me enough and I needed to come upstairs.
Anyway, here are some quick photos of the projector mounting "plate"...
The top of the 2x6 board that the mounting plate connects to. I used some cool little "washers" that had a square hole and little teeth (sort of like T-Nuts, but just a square hole).
Here is the 1.5" floor flange (didn't know what they were called before. These are found in the plumbing section by the way.) bolted on. Nice long bolts with lock nuts.
After cutting off the long bolts...
Up and in place. Recessed enough to not touch where the final ceiling height will be. I grabbed a 6" long pipe for it as well. Hopefully it will be long enough, but if not it was only like $4 and I still have the UPC sticker on it. The next longest size was like 18"... This will at least let me get the drywall cut out and lined up.
Alright. Off to take a shower and go to bed. Have to go get a chameleon in the morning.