AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Greg's pseudo-HT room
EP175v4 with M3v4
Who's Online
3 registered (Serenity_Now, storm266, MarkSJohnson), 46 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13336 Members
11 Forums
22945 Topics
405843 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17809
pmbuko 16298
SirQuack 13344
CV 11273
MarkSJohnson 10966
Meanwhile On Facebook

Shopping made easy! Need it by the 24th? Upgrade to air shipping for just $20!...

Just two more days! Better tell your gift-givers! http://axiomaudio.com/holida...

So many people took advantage of the weekend sales! Lots of auditioning about t...

Only a few hours left to get a gift card worth up to 25% of your purchase! http:...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#405130 - 06/06/14 11:11 AM Buy and Sell
dustinmitchell Offline
regular

Any thoughts of adding a Buy and sell forum to this site? They really helped the other 2 main Audio forums grow...I realize this is an "Axiom" site but it might be nice to trade, buy or sell other products to use with our Axiom gear... Obviously I am new to this site and could be completely out of line. Just a thought.

#405132 - 06/06/14 11:48 AM Re: Buy and Sell [Re: dustinmitchell]
Murph Offline
axiomite

Loc: PEI, Canada
They get messy fast and there are tons of other places to do that
already. Why invent another one?

Just my personal thoughts. I'm happy here without one.

#405140 - 06/06/14 01:35 PM Re: Buy and Sell [Re: dustinmitchell]
tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Loc: Tacoma
I'm with Murph. It would compete with the forum sponsor, increase maintenance, incur liability and is a commercial problem already solved elsewhere on the internet.

#405146 - 06/06/14 02:53 PM Re: Buy and Sell [Re: dustinmitchell]
Serenity_Now Online   content
devotee

Canuckaudiomart or audiogon

Leave the buy sell where it belongs imo. Not here. Forum trading is lame and threads become meandering wasteheaps fast. My 2cents

#405182 - 06/07/14 02:29 PM Re: Buy and Sell [Re: Serenity_Now]
chesseroo Offline
connoisseur

Loc: western canada
Originally Posted By: Serenity_Now
Canuckaudiomart or audiogon

I've used both in the past.
For the most part i've found sellers/buyers to be true audiophiles. I probably just haven't come across a bad seller/buyer yet, but concurrently, it seems almost every eBay ad i place runs into some issue that makes it more work than it's worth.

#405187 - 06/07/14 02:49 PM Re: Buy and Sell [Re: dustinmitchell]
Socketman Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Whitehorse YT
I just bought a DSpeaker Antimode off canuckaudiomart, my first purchase there and the fellow I dealt with was fantastic. He had only 4 feedback but all said the same thing I experienced. I use paypal which allows at least a sense of security should I not receive my item. I have always had good luck on ebay with 262 transactions not one that I recall was a problem.

#405188 - 06/07/14 02:53 PM Re: Buy and Sell [Re: Socketman]
chesseroo Offline
connoisseur

Originally Posted By: Socketman
I have always had good luck on ebay with 262 transactions not one that I recall was a problem.

My last two sells:
1) newbie buyer wanted to back out of the auction after ending; luckily 2nd chance offer worked but that person took about 3 weeks to send payment!
2) had ad listing the shipping rate to U.S. would be actual value yet a bidder places highest bid before checking what the cost would be; item was bidding at $90 at the time but shipping would have been about the same (it was a larger item; 40 lbs) so he whined about it and i went with a 2nd chance offer (a plus that eBay has it now)

[sigh]

#405189 - 06/07/14 03:04 PM Re: Buy and Sell [Re: dustinmitchell]
Socketman Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Whitehorse YT
I am quite sure there are many problems on ebay for both seller and buyer alike. I have been really fortunate I think. I am carefull about reading feedback before I buy to see if its legitimate gripe or just whining about shipping. Shipping is always a concern as some sellers seem to have access to better rates. Lucky for me there is nothing on ebay I have to have, just wants smile so I easily carry on if the conditions don't suit me. My biggest gripe with ebay is the US dollar bs , they really sting you on exchange. I applied for a US dollar visa with my bank and they turned me down but on the same day my CC limit was raised , go figure. I don't sell much from where I live , the shipping is just too expensive to make it worthwhile. Usually 10lbs or less is ok.

#405192 - 06/07/14 03:18 PM Re: Buy and Sell [Re: Socketman]
chesseroo Offline
connoisseur

Originally Posted By: Socketman
I don't sell much from where I live , the shipping is just too expensive to make it worthwhile. Usually 10lbs or less is ok.

Ya i feel for you.
Did some research work up there years back. I know how long the haul can be. When a head of lettuce costs $4....

#405203 - 06/07/14 08:46 PM Re: Buy and Sell [Re: dustinmitchell]
Serenity_Now Online   content
devotee

I've had geat experiences as a buyer and seller on canuck. Still have to be cautious dealing online, but mostly avid audiophiles there in my experience too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.