I'm a little bit ahead in my setups. Since I am now in very good terms with new owners (who are also the upstairs neighbors), I will likely spend another 2-3 years in this place. So I decided to finish using my remaining unused speakers, amps and Rasp Pi3s. I installed my old In-Wall M3s in my "downstairs bedwoom" (large hallway with a comfortable futon). It's installed but not yet fully operational as I am just rebuilding my "rasp pi" configuration center (dismantled because of the flood mentioned in a previous thread). Tomorrow it shall be!

I faced the same issue as my old master bedroom that had 2.5" wall. So sticking out a bit. If anyone has been here long enough you might remember that I had built some nice frames that looked as if the extrusion was intentional. Not sure I will bother this time. There are more fire studs in those walls than actual studs so I opted to get the cables out through as small hole rather than nice mural plates. Cables are CL2! I still had 100'. After that I can just put back the painting and might then use a D-Line racetrack to make the 2 wires into one better looking tube.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

See Mojo's signature