Rate Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
Code of Conduct
#76557 01/13/05 04:03 PM
Amie Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Well, it is abundantly clear that the time has come to create a code of conduct for the message boards. I am amazed that we need to do so, but it is clear from recent postings that common sense is not in the ruling house lately.

To this end, I would very much appreciate suggestions and feedback from everyone who calls Axiom home. Let's see if we can develop a code that will make us all happy and comfortable here once again, and that will allow new visitors to feel as welcome as they are.

Your help is appreciated.

Re: Code of Conduct
#76558 01/13/05 04:24 PM
Ned Offline
veteran
veteran
Uh-Oh...hope I didn't say anything I wasn't supposed to.

How about no cussing or knocking people for the equipment they own?

Axiom Denon Paradigm SVS
#76559 01/13/05 04:26 PM
aficionado
aficionado
I've noticed the main problem seems to be from the people who sign up, and their first post is a......... "drop and run"..OR.....a "bomb throw", etc. (just to stir the pot, OR being NASTY)

Other than a "regular" or two, who once in a while "run amok".....thing's seem to be GREAT!
(IMHO)

LT

LIFE: "Choices, balance, and timing"

(Larryism)
#76560 01/13/05 04:36 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
i think thats a nice idea, but a code of conduct only works for those that choose to adhere to it. we are always gonna get flamers and trolls in here that arent going to abide by any rules or guidelines. unless there is a moderator that is willing to knock people off the board, it will continue. those guys really dont bother me. but they can be hateful and bothersome to others, and it is bad for those of us who consider the people on here our friends.

i applaude what ever efforts you do try and make. but whatever happens, i will still be here, and i am sure my friends will be to..

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#76561 01/13/05 04:47 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Make bigjohn moderator.
I'm almost serious.

LIFE IS SHORT.
DON'T BE A DICK.
#76562 01/13/05 04:49 PM
P
P
the regulars mob every post till its to their liking. until these saps are dealt with there will be no freedom of speech here.

be careful everyone i dont think axiom supports the 1st amendment. maybe these regulars are on the axiom payroll

#76563 01/13/05 04:58 PM
aficionado
aficionado
One of the things I like most about this forum is the fact that we police ourselves pretty well. This community has an excellent reputation, largely because respect is (for the most part) a key element around here.

I'm the king of inappropriate behavior and off-color humor. There's very little I can think of that genuinely offends me. Foul language only rubs me the wrong way IN THIS FORUM if it's used to attack someone else. There's no need to be abusive - we're talking about speakers, for Christ's sake.

Changing the background color of the screen is just childish. If that was the extent of it, I wouldn't think twice about it. But to me, that shows there's someone who's demonstrating an active interest in manipulating the source code of these pages. Where I work, that's an automatic escalation from prank to security concern. Everyone else (GeneticDrift included) chime in if you think I'm unnecessarily paranoid.

I can't think of any thing topic-wise that should be off limits. Yeah, it's an audio forum, and for the most part we stay on topic. But some of the most interesting discussions arise from conversations that have nothing to do with HT or speakers.

M22ti mains, EP175 sub, VP150 center, QS4 surrounds
#76564 01/13/05 05:00 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
I ain't going nowhere...

Anyway, I think a code of conduct is a good idea, given the amount of flamewars we've had around here today.
Perhaps threads should get locked when they get ugly? I don't want to add a burden to your job, Amie, and that could actually cut down on the friendly, free atmosphere of the boards. Wouldn't want to turn them into The Sp.... oh, nevermind...

Perhaps the best thing we can do is ignore the trolls; don't feed 'em, they get bored. Usually...

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
#76565 01/13/05 05:01 PM
aficionado
aficionado
...............Make that their first, or SECOND post.

LT

LIFE: "Choices, balance, and timing"

(Larryism)
#76566 01/13/05 05:05 PM
devotee
devotee
Dude, I'm amazed that you have had the nerve to respond to this thread. Your conduct is the entire reason that Amie has had to open up the topic. Your conduct is juvenile and offensive. Beyond what I have seen from the likes of you, this forum is the most gracious and inviting that I have seen. In addition, Axiom has been more than gracious in allowing us the latitude that we enjoy. Go ahead and try your antics over at AVS and see how long they tolerate it.

However much I want to sink to your level and tell you to buzz off, I would rather you just attempt to control your impulse to insult and offend. I have seen a few thoughtful posts that you have made, which gives me hope that there is something more than the bad side that you have displayed for all to see.

Amie,

Like everyone else, I'm not sure that you can really maintain a solid rule of conduct unles someone is willing to police the threads. Given that, I think that you might simply add a catch-all that allows you as moderator to simply delete threads, posts, and/or accounts at will when members have exercised what is considered lewd, profane, or excessively inflammatory conduct. In doing so, you allow yourself to step in only when things get ugly and then leave things be otherwise.

...just a thought.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,480
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (Hambrabi), 957 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup