Well, I am going for v3.0 of my home theater. v1.0 was in a house we sold years back, and it was called the "Starlight Theater". It was pretty cheap to say the least, but I liked the name. I even had a starfield ceiling, but it was, again cheap, and made out of Christmas lights...

V2.0 is where I am now. Axioms, good A/V gear, etc. Definately not cheap. Problem is that it is in a shared area with a family/game room. Light problems, less-than-ideal sound due to room conditions.

V3.0 is really moving what I have now into a new dedicated theater room. I really want to use a custom made sign I had done back with the V1.0 Starlight Theater, so I need a star ceiling again....

Anyway, I was looking at fiber optics, and most of the "kits" cover a lot more area than I am looking at. I am just looking for enough for a small 4x8 part of the ceiling. So, for cost reasons, I am looking at LEDs instead.

Here are my questions:

Do the LEDs get wired up in "series" (one LED connects to the next, which connects to the next, etc)?

If I get a power supply made for LEDs (converts household AC to 12V DC) do I still need some sort of resistors or anything, or is that the point of the power supply?

Any other thoughts?

Farewell - June 4, 2020