AxiomAudio Blog

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
0 registered (), 104 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13294 Members
11 Forums
22822 Topics
403178 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17739
pmbuko 16257
SirQuack 13318
CV 11136
MarkSJohnson 10829
Meanwhile On Facebook

Hope everyone's got their summer favourite playlists cued up for the weekend! W...

(y) Love this customer review of the M2s! "the first time listening to my new a...

These LFR1100 speakers in custom Eggshell White are on their way to Taiwan (yes,...

Friday the 13th . . . oooooh! Who's your favorite Slasher flick character?

Page 87 of 252 < 1 2 ... 85 86 87 88 89 ... 251 252 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#14296 - 02/04/05 10:08 AM Re: Beer = civlization ****
bigjohn Offline
connoisseur

Loc: San Angelo, TX
actually, that rum is the best i have ever had. not that i am a big rum fan or nothing, but it makes bacardi taste like kerosene.

i cant get the Ron Anejo Annervasario here in san angelo, so i had my buddy pick me up these two bottles when he went to san antonio last week. he even bought one for himself, and liked it very much. he also got some Grey Goose vodka, which i have never had, that he is bringing to my Super Bowl party.. so i will get a chance to see what that tastes like to.

bigjohn

#14297 - 02/04/05 12:05 PM Re: Beer = civlization
Ken.C Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: NoVA
On the Grey Goose, it doesn't taste like much of anything. Which is a good thing!

#14298 - 02/04/05 12:43 PM Re: Beer = civlization
BigWill Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Corona, Calif. USA!!!
Sounds like it will be a good party, bigjohn. I'd say more but I'm afraid my post will be deleted. Pathetic?...

#14299 - 03/03/05 03:45 PM Re: Beer = civlization
bigjohn Offline
connoisseur

BUMP...

ah, it was breaking my heart to let this fall off the charts. are we just beered out guys? tomorrow would have been one full month with no response on this thread. and you call yourselves a bunch of alcoholics.. shameful!!

i am sad to say that i havent been out to the liquor store since i bought all that beer for the super bowl. i have been surviving off a few coors yella bellies, and some keystone light tallboys. i know, i should be in detention..

the grey goose was pretty good. it had a slight citrus twist in it, so we mixed it with sprite, and it was hardly noticable. i even made one pretty strong, and it still tasted very tame. still got a full bottle of anniversario left. saving it for a special occasion, just not sure which one yet.

that is all for now.. just trying to keep the 'beer' alive.

bigjohn

#14300 - 03/03/05 04:07 PM Re: Beer = civlization
BigWill Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Corona, Calif. USA!!!
I bought a kegerator from a friend of a friend.
It's working out pretty well, though I'm concerned about my weight. To help offset the increased beer intake (the first 7.75 gallon keg lasted 9 days) I've given up lunches.
For my wife's b-day I'm going to get her a keg of Lindemann's Framboise - alittle pricey, but what the heck it IS her b-day.

#14301 - 03/03/05 04:11 PM Re: Beer = civlization
pmbuko Offline

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
You're a good man, John. I was starting to miss this thread.

Two Mondays ago, my brother and I went to the Toronado in SF and sampled 8 of the available barleywines they had on tap. I have the sheet with all the names on it somewhere at home, but can only remember a couple of names off the top of my head.

Our first round consisted of 4 6-oz. pours, which we shared. The most memorable was Alaskan Big Nugget Barleywine. It rated the 5th best (out of 50 or so brews) according to the pub's judges. It was quite dark, if I remember correctly, and tasted similar to but bolder than their Winter Ale.

The second round consisted of 3 3-oz. pours -- barleywine is potent stuff and we'd already learned out lesson with the 6-oz pours in the first round -- and a full 12-oz glass of Deschutes Mirror Mirror. (Lesson? what lesson?) I couldn't resist ordering that much because I thought I'd never see it again.

The Mirror Mirror was my favorite of this round, and byt the time I was a third of the way through it, both of us were getting pretty silly, and full. I still feel guilty now that I was unable to drink the last couple ounces because it was time to go and I needed some food -- NOW.

All in all, a great experience. Next time, it's 3-oz tastings all the way through.

#14302 - 03/03/05 04:12 PM Re: Beer = civlization
bigjohn Offline
connoisseur

kegfridges are the bomb!! but it can be hard to get it regulated right to where it isnt all head. my uncle has one.. i love to go visit him.. he gets only michelob, and it is good on tap!!

8 gallon in 9 days? whew.. now that is a good man!!
a gallon is 128 oz, so thats averaging around 10 beers a day. not a bad pace for a california, granola guy!

bigjohn

#14303 - 03/03/05 04:14 PM Re: Beer = civlization
pmbuko Offline

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
Good to see you've got your priorites straight (beer instead of lunch). If you find yourself cravnig sandwiches, you could just give in and change your name to BiggerWill.

That's a great gift. Lindemans makes an excellent lambic.

#14304 - 03/03/05 05:44 PM Re: Beer = civlization
AshBoomstick Offline
aficionado

Loc: Richmond, VA
In reply to:

Our first round consisted of 4 6-oz. pours, which we shared. The most memorable was Alaskan Big Nugget Barleywine.

man, i don't know if I'd put anything in my mouth called "Alaskan Big Nugget"!

#14305 - 03/03/05 05:48 PM Beer. Dark, rich and tasty.
BrenR Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Winnipeg MB Canada
Speaking of beer - I was recently out for dinner in rural Manitoba with family friends (Sid, Chess - Boston Pizza in Portage la Prairie) and asked if they had Guinness. The waitress looked at me like I'd just ordered Schellenphlegmenbacher or something. She thought I was jerking her chain by making up a beer, rolled her eyes and went to the bar to see if they had it. She came back sheepishly and said "yes, we have it in cans."

Was kind of weird to be somewhere where the Record Book beer wasn't at least recognized.

Bren R.

Page 87 of 252 < 1 2 ... 85 86 87 88 89 ... 251 252 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.