AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
0 registered (), 51 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13329 Members
11 Forums
22920 Topics
405205 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17789
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13340
CV 11236
MarkSJohnson 10941
Meanwhile On Facebook

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Interesting article about who's getting the money from streaming radio services...

Page 131 of 252 < 1 2 ... 129 130 131 132 133 ... 251 252 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#14736 - 07/28/06 12:28 PM Re: beer thread **** [Re: skyhawk669]
tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Loc: Tacoma
The beeramisu thing was in our local paper a month or so ago. I cannot find an online version, but remember printing it out. It was a pretty basic tiramisu recipe, except it advocated using black beer for a portion of the coffee. I believe they chose Deschutes Black Butte porter (which is fine), but I think that Young's Double Chocolate Stout would be the perfect thing.

#14737 - 07/28/06 12:50 PM Re: beer thread [Re: chesseroo]
HomeDad Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Central,California
Chess, if you are coming to Calif. after Nov. I'll make sure I post our review of the wine train, we are still debating on which of the several options for the train we are going to book.

#14738 - 07/28/06 02:55 PM Re: beer thread [Re: HomeDad]
chesseroo Offline
connoisseur

Loc: western canada
A Bevmo.
Got it.

Substitute coffee with Youngs. Can do that.

Quote:

Chess, if you are coming to Calif. after Nov. I'll make sure I post our review of the wine train, we are still debating on which of the several options for the train we are going to book.

We might be planning the trip for next year so yes, after November for sure.

#14739 - 08/08/06 03:12 PM Re: beer thread [Re: chesseroo]
pmbuko Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
Adam and I had an enjoyable evening of beer at the Toronado in San Francisco last night. We started with Anderson Valley Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout (me) and Maredsous 8 (him). The stout was excellent. (I'll let Adam review his beers.) Next round was Chimay Triple (me) and Anchor Old Foghorn (him). Chimay on tap is significantly better than from the bottle -- and it's great from the bottle, so that's saying something.

By this time, we were both feeling a buzz coming on. The pizza in our guts must have been saturated. We ended the night by splitting a 750 bottle of Het Anker's Gouden Carolus Noel 2005. Some of you may remember how I raved about the 2004 I had tried at this same establishment, and this one was no less tasty. It had a significantly different mouthfeel -- more spritely on the palate -- but very similar flavor. Sweet, but not overly so. Malty, balanced, and very complex. Needless to say, we were extremeley, ummm, happy, by the tiome we finished the bottle. Not to worry, though, we had a 1.5 mile walk back to my hotel, and then Adam took BART home.

I miss the Bay Area.

#14740 - 08/08/06 03:35 PM Re: beer thread [Re: pmbuko]
tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Yum yum yum yum yum!! Peter, I'm jealous.

I thoroughly enjoyed a Elysian Perseus Porter a couple days ago. Fantastically huge robust black beer. Freak of nature. How can you saturate that much flavor into liquid? Frankenporter.

#14741 - 08/08/06 03:39 PM Re: beer thread [Re: pmbuko]
AdamP88 Offline
aficionado

Loc: Omaha, NE
The Toronado needs to open up an East Bay location. And Virginia needs to be closer to California.

The Maredsous 8 was quite tasty. Pretty bright in comparison with the Stout, but a very nice double. The Old Foghorn was fantastic - sweet but very well balanced! And I'll echo Peter's comments on the buzz (it's always an interesting sensation when you stand up to head to the bathroom after having been seated drinking for a while ) - and the Het Anker. I remember the '04 being lighter in color and creamier in texture, but the '05 is definitely not short on flavor. Absolutely delicious, and potent! I had a vague sensation of my legs moving on the walk back.

By the time I hit BART I was absolutely spent (I'm normally in bed by 9pm these days and it was 11:30ish), and nodded off pretty much as soon as the train started moving. By some miracle I managed to wake up just in time to get off at the transfer point and find the right train, after which I promptly fell asleep again. And then again, I somehow managed to wake up right at my stop, even though I slept through all the other stations. I guess I had a few Karma points saved up somewhere.

#14742 - 08/09/06 08:22 PM Re: beer thread [Re: AdamP88]
HomeDad Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Central,California
I've decided to buy a beer fridge.

#14743 - 08/09/06 11:38 PM Re: beer thread [Re: HomeDad]
chesseroo Offline
connoisseur

Loc: western canada
Is that a picture of Tom in the foreground?

#14744 - 08/10/06 01:21 AM Re: beer thread [Re: chesseroo]
tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Interesting conjecture, but two factors clearly show it could not be me:

1. That man has no facial hair.
2. No beer is being consumed.

#14745 - 08/10/06 03:02 PM Re: beer thread [Re: tomtuttle]
medic8r Offline
axiomite

Loc: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Returned to Kybecca last night to pick up a sixer of the Anderson Oatmeal Stout and a variety sixer of porters and stouts (Sam Smith, Anchor, #38). Yummy.

Page 131 of 252 < 1 2 ... 129 130 131 132 133 ... 251 252 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.