AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Greg's pseudo-HT room
EP175v4 with M3v4
Who's Online
3 registered (Da_Gimp_Pimp, Boltron, bridgman), 55 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13336 Members
11 Forums
22947 Topics
405866 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17809
pmbuko 16298
SirQuack 13344
CV 11273
MarkSJohnson 10968
Meanwhile On Facebook

The end of a truly unique voice. RIP Joe Cocker - you were part of the soundtr...

Here's hoping you get what you really want this year! What could be better than...

Shopping made easy! Need it by the 24th? Upgrade to air shipping for just $20!...

Just two more days! Better tell your gift-givers! http://axiomaudio.com/holida...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#200170 - 03/13/08 02:46 AM Rancho Cucamonga - Thanks, Sean
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making

Loc: Richland, WA, USA
So Sunday I flew down to meet a girl I've been talking to online for 3 years, in Loma Linda, and wouldn't you know it, Sean (St_PatGuy) lives not far away at all. We arranged to meet on Monday, which occurred at Outback Steakhouse (thanks for picking up the check, by the way), and afterward he allowed us to go over to his place and check out his system. It was a lot of fun. I could have spent a lot more time there, but Cari had to be somewhere (as in, I was clutching the seat and praying away the cops as she did up to 95 mph when leaving Sean's place), and we had to cut it short.

Sean, thanks for the hospitality. If I'm in the area again, I'll have to schedule more time to intrude. You're just as cool in person as you are on the board. Thanks for doing most of the talking. \:\)

Anyway, I'm finally caught up with the message board activity. I'm used to checking multiple times per day, not having to catch up on 4 days of posts at once. You guys talk a lot.

Oh, and Sean, remind me what that opera disc was. I didn't commit it to memory like I thought I would. It seemed like a fun disc to show off a system with.

Oh, yeah, and Cari wanted me to clarify on what you suspected was her boredom. She swears that she was actually very interested in the audio stuff, and in fact commented later in the visit, "I want to go listen to The Con on his system." \:\) However, she realizes she may have looked bored because a little earlier she was in pain and stopped at the gas station to pick up some pain reliever. Unfortunately, all they had was Tylenol PM, so she thinks she was tired from that. Always nice to know I was being driven around at 95 mph by someone who was inclined to zonk out. Ha ha.

#200182 - 03/13/08 09:59 AM Re: Rancho Cucamonga - Thanks, Sean [Re: CV]
St_PatGuy Offline
axiomite

Loc: Glendale, Arizona
Charles, I'm glad both of you had fun. Sorry to hear Cari wasn't feeling too good.

Ha ha, I probably talked alot because my close friends aren't into audio stuff at all and it was a nice change of pace to show my system off to someone who is.

Although we were only able to visit for a few hours it was fun. This was the first time I've met someone from the forum in person and I hope future meetings, either with Charles or other members, can be as equally pleasurable-- *cough*tuttlefest*cough* ;\)

Oh yeah, the cd was Carmina Burana by Orff (sorry, no link--I'm at work and can't get to certain sites). I'm not quite sure it is exactly opera, but maybe JohnK can clarify--he is the one who suggested the disc to me in the first place.

Charles, thank you for the kind words, and, again, I'm glad you guys had fun.

#200190 - 03/13/08 11:29 AM Re: Rancho Cucamonga - Thanks, Sean [Re: St_PatGuy]
medic8r Offline
axiomite

Loc: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Yeah, the Tuttlefest Planning Committee had better get busy! Let me know where to show up! And get your Rx orders in earlier than last time, OK?!

Sounds like a good get-together that you guys had. I certainly count you two among the Axiomites that I am looking forward to meeting one day.

#200214 - 03/13/08 02:03 PM Re: Rancho Cucamonga - Thanks, Sean [Re: CV]
RickF Offline
axiomite

Loc: Vero Beach, Florida
 Originally Posted By: CV
So Sunday I flew down to meet a girl I've been talking to online for 3 years, in Loma Linda, and wouldn't you know it, Sean (St_PatGuy) lives not far away at all. We arranged to meet on Monday, which occurred at Outback Steakhouse (thanks for picking up the check, by the way), and afterward he allowed us to go over to his place and check out his system. It was a lot of fun. I could have spent a lot more time there, but Cari had to be somewhere (as in, I was clutching the seat and praying away the cops as she did up to 95 mph when leaving Sean's place), and we had to cut it short.

You know Charles, Regina is really going to be P.O.'ed at you whenever she reads this.

smile

#200215 - 03/13/08 02:10 PM Re: Rancho Cucamonga - Thanks, Sean [Re: RickF]
CV Offline

Originally Posted By: RickF
You know Charles, Regina is really going to be P.O.'ed at you whenever she reads this.

\:D Yeah, that's why I did it. I have to stir up the passion in her somehow.

Okay, now Cari's going to rip my head off. I just can't win.

#200264 - 03/13/08 11:07 PM Re: Rancho Cucamonga - Thanks, Sean [Re: St_PatGuy]
JohnK Offline

Yeah Sean, it was good to read of the nice visit Charles had with you. Yes, Carmina Burana isn't classified as an opera, but usually is referred to as a cantata(that explains everything, right?). The usual differentiation is that an opera features individual singers to a greater extent, while a cantata features a chorus with orchestral accompaniment, although there can be some vocal solos. Carmina Burana has become very popular in the classical realm and web sites such as this one discuss it and Orff in some detail. Probably you played the Muti disc, which I've often recommended from the several that I own, because it combines fine performance and sound at a bargain price around $5-6.

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

#200268 - 03/13/08 11:12 PM Re: Rancho Cucamonga - Thanks, Sean [Re: JohnK]
pmbuko Offline

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
There's the opera and the cantata. Then there's the oft-overlooked cantopera, in which a chorus fails miserably to reproduce famous arias.

#200272 - 03/13/08 11:54 PM Re: Rancho Cucamonga - Thanks, Sean [Re: JohnK]
CV Offline

Thanks, John and Sean. I ordered the Carmina Burana. At $5.97, I don't think I can go wrong.

#200276 - 03/14/08 12:38 AM Re: Rancho Cucamonga - Thanks, Sean [Re: CV]
St_PatGuy Offline
axiomite

Loc: Glendale, Arizona
Thanks JohnK! And, yes, Charles, it's quite a bargain. Hope you enjoy it.

#200373 - 03/14/08 06:28 PM Re: Rancho Cucamonga - Thanks, Sean [Re: St_PatGuy]
tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Loc: Tacoma
Cool! Thanks for the update, gentlemen.

I'll start a thread. Or maybe I'll recruit a committee to study when and if a thread should be started.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.