AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
0 registered (), 52 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13330 Members
11 Forums
22922 Topics
405257 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17791
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13341
CV 11239
MarkSJohnson 10942
Meanwhile On Facebook

Four days to get in on the action!

☺ Wow - our 13,000 likes! Awesome! #thankful

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Page 21 of 42 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 41 42 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#212598 - 06/22/08 07:47 PM Re: Axiom forum sampler cd [Re: CV]
duckman Offline
devotee

Loc: kansas
I honestly dont know what software Im burning with, always just dragged the files to the burner in "my computer" and hoped for the best. Other than a few backups the only thing I've ever burned were mp3 cds for the car, never any actual cd cds.
So HTF do you all do this?

#212607 - 06/22/08 10:40 PM Re: Axiom forum sampler cd [Re: duckman]
pmbuko Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
Yeah, for audio CDs, you can't just drag the music files over and burn the disc. That creates a data CD, complete with its own file system. Audio players don't understand file systems so you have to specifically burn an audio CD. Windows Media Player can do it and it's free and already on your computer.

Many people in the Windows world seem to hate it, but iTunes is also free and is very easy to use for making audio discs. Like As in Windows Media Player, you can even rip discs in lossless format.

#212610 - 06/22/08 11:41 PM Re: Axiom forum sampler cd [Re: pmbuko]
duckman Offline
devotee

Loc: kansas
When I attempted this yesterday I ripped the songs to wav and had them in a nice tidy folder. I first burned a data cd and figured out that wasn't gonna work. I then went back and gave wmp a chance at an audio cd, I forget exactly what it's excuse was but it didn't like my wavs. I tried ripping with wmp today but it wanted to rip in wma,mp3,or wav, which seemed pointless.
Sorry to be so dense about this, it seems everything i read on the web specificaly avoids mentioning the only thing I want to know- what format do i need to rip to, to burn a plain ol' cd, and what does this. Been beating my head against a similar wall on the htpc front also but I'll save that for later. ;\)

#212616 - 06/23/08 12:17 AM Re: Axiom forum sampler cd [Re: duckman]
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club

Loc: Richland, WA, USA
Yeah, I wonder what's wrong with your WAVs. Anyway, ripping to any of the formats that WMP wants to is fine. Keep it lossless if you care about the quality. Most all of my music is lossless WMA, and Windows Media Player burns them just fine to disc.

#212623 - 06/23/08 12:53 AM Re: Axiom forum sampler cd [Re: duckman]
Karlman Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Manitoba, Canada
I have WMP 11 on Vista Home Premium..

I select Audio CD under the Burn menu, drag some files, and it converts them to .wav files on the CD, which are the regular Audio CD format.

I know my car stereo is a little fussy with CD-R's (had 1 or two brands that often didn't work), and my old DVD player wouldn't read any CD-R's or CD-RW's.. but your PC should still be able to read them for sure after you burn it.

gene

#212635 - 06/23/08 08:13 AM Re: Axiom forum sampler cd [Re: mapatton]
Murph Offline
axiomite

Loc: PEI, Canada
I received Peter's CD on Friday. Very Nice. I used it, among other genres, for background music during a lobster party for my family Friday. Only 1 more week left in the season for the North shore. At $6.40 to $7.60 on the high end for precooked, the stuff is as cheap as chicken this year.

I have to admit I did feel compelled to turn it down this morning in the Jeep though. After I dropped my wife off at work I cranked the volume just a bit as "The Who" came up. I then saw a tall & lanky, long, grey haired man approaching on the sidewalk as I was about to pull out. I certainly had no fears about him being bothered by loud (actually not that loud) music but seeing as how it was "Terry Hatti" of "The Guess Who" fame, I somehow felt like I was listening to the wrong "Whos".

Funny how the brain works. As soon as I my hand hit the volume knob, I realized how silly that was and left it as is. He marched on by with his 'now trademark around the city,' long strides and never did seem to take notice.

In case you are wondering, Terry has been living here for the last two summers doing a very successful show at The Confederation Center of the Arts called "British Invasion". A music tribute to British bands from the 60s on up. This year it's different actually, it's "America Strikes Back." Maybe next year will be "Canada Sneaks Some In."
heh heh.

#212637 - 06/23/08 08:48 AM Re: Axiom forum sampler cd [Re: Murph]
medic8r Offline
axiomite

Loc: Fredericksburg, Virginia
They have expensive chicken on PEI, apparently. ;\)

Also, you probably didn't want Terry to think you were coming on to him. I know I'd think twice if I were walking down the sidewalk and I heard someone blare "Real Good Looking Boy" out their window. ;\) ;\)

#212646 - 06/23/08 09:28 AM Re: Axiom forum sampler cd [Re: medic8r]
pmbuko Offline

I must apologize to the three people who are still awaiting their copies of my mix. I am burning the discs now and will attempt to hit the post office this week.

#212654 - 06/23/08 11:00 AM Re: Axiom forum sampler cd [Re: pmbuko]
EFalardeau Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Laval, Quebec, Canada
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
I must apologize to the three people who are still awaiting their copies of my mix. I am burning the discs now and will attempt to hit the post office this week.

Probably too busy with all them boxes! \:\)

#212659 - 06/23/08 11:15 AM Re: Axiom forum sampler cd [Re: EFalardeau]
pmbuko Offline

I haven't even gotten to putting the QS8s up.

Page 21 of 42 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 41 42 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.