AxiomAudio Blog

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
0 registered (), 115 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13295 Members
11 Forums
22824 Topics
403212 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17740
pmbuko 16258
SirQuack 13318
CV 11139
MarkSJohnson 10831
Meanwhile On Facebook

A very fond farewell party last night . . . we miss you Noreen!

Hope everyone's got their summer favourite playlists cued up for the weekend! W...

(y) Love this customer review of the M2s! "the first time listening to my new a...

These LFR1100 speakers in custom Eggshell White are on their way to Taiwan (yes,...

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#28396 - 12/20/03 04:49 AM Polk RTi70i vs. M22Ti's \ Running on Denon 3802
Sam Offline

Hello everyone,

First off, I've been reading wonderful things about Axiom speakers for the last several months and would love to audition them in my home.

I currently own RTi70 towers by Polk Audio, run by a Denon receiver. The setup sounds great with HT but seems to be lacking and a little dry/flat with music. Has anyone A/B'd the M22s vs the RTi70s? (with either Denon or HK receivers).

I also hear that Denon's do not produce music as warmly, as say an HK-line receiver.

So it comes down to:

1) Keeping the Polk's and finding a new receiver (leaning towards the HK AVR-7200)

2) Keeping the Denon and switching to M22Ti's for mains

3) Getting M22Ti's and the HK AVR-7200 receiver.

I would love to hear input from those of you who have either auditioned the speakers, or paired either of them with the receivers in question.

Hopefully I'm not confusing everyone. :>

Thanks again,
-Sam

#28397 - 12/20/03 12:43 PM Re: Polk RTi70i vs. M22Ti's \ Running on Denon 3802
Ken.C Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: NoVA
I think you'll find that the general concensus (with a few notable exceptions) is that the reciever doesn't really make a difference with regard to warmth or, ahem, brightness. Many people here love their Denon+Axiom setup, so I wouldn't worry about that. I think the 3802 is a fairly recent model, correct? if so, then I wouldn't waste the money "upgrading" to an H/K. Also, the 7200 is getting a little long in the tooth, feature wise, so you might want to look at something else if you've decided on getting a new receiver.

Having not heard the Polks, I can't say if the M22s are better, but see if there's anyone in your area who has them and is willing to let you audition them. There's a long running thread at the top of the Questions and Comments board with people, their systems, and where they are.

#28398 - 12/20/03 11:48 PM Re: Polk RTi70i vs. M22Ti's \ Running on Denon 3802
Audiobob Offline
old hand

I couldn't agree more about the receiver issue Ken. Sam, what size is your room? That will make a huge differance when selecting the correct speakers. The general concensus here seems to be < 10 feet from the speakers = m22's, >10 feet = m60's or m80's.

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.