AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
2 registered (Wid, MarkSJohnson), 40 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13303 Members
11 Forums
22840 Topics
403574 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17751
pmbuko 16266
SirQuack 13321
CV 11159
MarkSJohnson 10848
Meanwhile On Facebook

Get a Gift Card Worth 20% of Your Purchase! Save hundreds!

Got your new In-Ceiling speakers yet? #atmosready http://axiomaudio.com/m3-in-c...

(y) Can't wait for the next evolution of surround sound to go mainstream!

Pre-order our new in-ceiling speakers and save 25%! Offer ends August 11th.

Page 223 of 252 < 1 2 ... 221 222 223 224 225 ... 251 252 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#344824 - 04/11/11 12:28 PM Re: beer thread **** [Re: pmbuko]
Zarak Offline
connoisseur

Loc: PA
I was just in DC this weekend too! Apparently I should have been hanging out with you guys. Sounds like fun.

#344826 - 04/11/11 01:13 PM Re: beer thread [Re: Zarak]
tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Loc: Tacoma

#344828 - 04/11/11 01:31 PM Re: beer thread [Re: tomtuttle]
CatBrat Offline
axiomite

Loc: Some random location
She looks like a beer to me.

#346109 - 04/25/11 11:11 PM Re: beer thread [Re: CatBrat]
pmbuko Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
My brother asked me to brew some beer for his pre-wedding pig roast party in late June. I already have ingredients for an "imperial mild" described thusly:
Quote:
This overfed reddish-brown session beer crams twice as much mildness into every pint: dark fruit notes with a roasty chocolate edge, wholegrain biscuit and toast flavors, a pleasantly intense estery, fruity nose with a suggestion of earthy hop, and an invitingly round finish.
So it sounds like a brown ale, which could be quite nice at a barbecue in Nebraska's humid summer. I'll either do that or make another batch of the hefe-pale ale crossover beer that was a hit the last time I made it. Hrmmm...

#350239 - 06/14/11 09:02 PM Re: beer thread [Re: pmbuko]
pmbuko Offline

Tonight I opened a tester bottle of the Imperial Mild beer -- which I'm calling "Intensely Mild" as a reference to my brother's personality smile. I think this is the best beer I've brewed yet. Most of my beers so far have taken quite a number of weeks in the bottle to shed some off flavors. This one, at only 16 days in the bottle, is already fantastic with no off flavors. Just look at this amazing head:

I primed this beer with Munton's KreamyX, which is a blend of DME, dextrose, and some propylene glycol for head retention. (Reinheistgebot? P'shaw!) It seems to have done the trick.

It's actually a fair bit lighter that it looks in the photo. It tastes a lot like a Belgian dubbel: fruity/estery aroma, fruity/malty flavor with light hoppiness. Fantastic finish and creamy mouthfeel.

I done outdone mahself. With I could share it with you all. smile

#350240 - 06/14/11 09:08 PM Re: beer thread [Re: pmbuko]
St_PatGuy Offline
axiomite

Loc: Glendale, Arizona
I'm holding my growler up to the screen and waiting!

Looks good, Peter.

#350256 - 06/15/11 12:14 AM Re: beer thread [Re: pmbuko]
chesseroo Offline
connoisseur

Loc: western canada
nice

#350263 - 06/15/11 06:57 AM Re: beer thread [Re: chesseroo]
Murph Offline
axiomite

Loc: PEI, Canada
mmmmmmmmmhh breakfast beer!

#351858 - 07/14/11 12:24 AM Re: beer thread [Re: Murph]
pmbuko Offline

Twitter really came through for me over the past couple days. I've been living vicariously though a guy in San Francisco who recently quit his day job after starting his own brewing company. He started out as a home brewer and partnered with a guy from the home brew club. They just released their first beer -- a production of 3700 750ml bottles -- late last month but it's only available in the Bay Area.

I noticed on Twitter that a friend from DC is vacationing in CA. I send him a note asking if he could pick up a couple bottles for me, providing a list of stores that were supposedly carrying it. He tried a couple but they were out.

Let me cut to the chase here. I contacted the brewer on Twitter and he told me where he'd be delivering the next day. He had the store set bottles aside. My friend was able to pick them up today: http://tumblr.com/x3y3hetbhs

Here's the brewery's website: http://almanacbeer.com

I can't wait to try this beer.

#352394 - 07/25/11 11:37 AM Re: beer thread [Re: pmbuko]
medic8r Offline
axiomite

Loc: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Peter (pmbuko), Ray (ray3) and I had a great time Saturday night at Peter's favorite beer bar, Churchkey. Ray is visiting his daughter in northern Virginia, so we took the opportunity for further Axiom fellowship.

We met at the Franconia-Springfield Metro station at 5 pm and rode the train into DC. We then survived the half-mile walk, in record high temperatures, to the watering hole - further evidence that Ray's cardiac stent is fully functional.

The bar is on the second floor, over its sister restaurant, Birch and Barley. The long flight of stairs was challenging both up (heat) and down (drink). We got there early enough to be seated right away, and the eating and drinking began forthwith. I think we finally got comfortable, as far as temperature goes, after fifteen minutes or so.

Here's the two page .pdf of the fancy-shcmancy draft list. From what I can recall (10% beers have an amazing effect on the memory), here's what we tried.

Brainless on Cherries (all 3 of us)
Brandy Barrel Grand Cru (Ray and J.P.)
Bourbon Barrel Grand Cru (Ray and J.P. x 2 each - favored over the Brandy Barrel)
Peg Leg (Peter)
1809 (Peter)
Edmund Fitgerald (J.P.)
Walker's Reserve (J.P.)

I'll need Ray and Peter to chime in for completeness. I know that Ray had one that was recommended to him by Kathleen - our server before Ray scared her off and she was replaced by the more humorless Kevin - as similar to his beloved Heineken.

We had a great time, enjoying flatbreads, sandwiches, and a quesadilla. We discussed family, work (not too much), our athletic careers, retirement, and life in general, with a little bit of politics and audio thrown in for good measure. We did not quite get around to solving all of the world's problems, but I think we put a dent in them.

Ray had a habit of entending the conversation to the surrounding tables, allowing them to join in on our fun. We discovered that the tall guy behind Ray was 6'8" and that the young couple to Ray's left was really glad that he had saved them that table for hours. However, they didn't pick up our tab or even buy us a round. Go figure.

We finished up with blueberry and peach cobblers. On the Metro back to our cars, Ray got a hankering for bread pudding. Peter worked his smartphone and found a place that they headed off to. I, being full of cobbler (one of which was free, thanks to multiple food servers rotating through), bid them adieu.

Good times.

Page 223 of 252 < 1 2 ... 221 222 223 224 225 ... 251 252 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.