If Denon explicitly states that the warranty is not valid if purchased from a non-authorized retailer, as it does here:

WARNING TO VALUED CONSUMERS:

The warranty on DENON Electronics products is NOT VALID if the products have been purchased from an unauthorized dealer/on-line E-tailer or if the original factory serial number has been removed, defaced or replaced in any way. Recently DENON Electronics has become aware of numerous instances in which such serial number tampering has occurred. Unauthorized dealers/on-line E-tailers and/or their suppliers frequently alter the serial numbers in an effort to prevent manufacturers from tracing the supplier source. DENON Electronics sell products through authorized retail and on-line channels to insure that consumers obtain quality pre-sale and after-sale support and service. PROTECT YOUR WARRANTY. Buy from an authorized DENON Electronics dealer/E-tailer. Check the unit and its packaging to determine whether the factory serial number may have been altered. To check to see if your dealer is an authorized dealer click here or if in doubt, call DENON Electronics at (973) 396-0810. For warranty terms and conditions on New or Refurbished equipment, please select the appropriate product type.

then you don't get a Denon warranty from DigitalCraze, no matter what they tell you. Denon's the one with the warranty and the rules that go with, so I'd trust what they say more than what the sales dude tells you at DigitalCraze. If you do get it from DigitalCraze, I'd highly recommend getting it from them in writing that they promise that Denon will honor the 2 year warranty. Otherwise, it's just talk.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!