My personal experience (FWIW) as far as Monitor Audio speakers was to compare the Silver series with the Gold series. I found that the Silver series does not have the same imaging presence that the Gold series have. My former speakers were Mirage M3-si which were phenomenal sounding speakers. However, I had to concede with my significant other that they were just too darned big (135 lbs each). Also, I eventually felt that they were more suited to stereo listening (or stereo movie listening) than HT listening. For HT the "mirage bipolar sound" is very diffuse and not very directional. I decided to go to a conventional direct radiating speaker as I find they "work better" in portraying the type of audible information intended by the movie makers.
When I first auditioned the GR-10s, I was very impressed. The imaging was excellent and as far as the lack of bass (which can be compensated by placing closer to the wall), I still have my Mirage BPSS-210 "audiophile" subwoofer. Unfortunately the sub was discontinued due to people preference for a more powerful subwoofer. Anyway I had come across a deal for a pair of GR-60s (MA's flagship model and befoer I found out about Axiom) that I could not pass up. They are smaller than the M3-si at about 61 lbs each and driver-wise similar to an Axiom M60ti. I had played back some live recordings I had made on a mini-disc recorder and have to say that it was as if I was close to being back in the live setting (I say close because I am only using a HK AVR-320). I know that once I go to separates that it will really come alive, however I am not going to tri-wire them. That is a lot of amps for HT.
The difficulty for me now is that I have to spend the extra money on the axiom center and surround speakers to match the GR-60's cherry finish. I know the wife will want it that way, though .