Good Afternoon,

I am in week two of using my brand new H31 projector on a 92" Designer Contour Video Spectra screen. My DVD player is the Denon 2900. I previously had a Hitachi 57T500 and the picture was incredible! I knew going in that I would be sacrificing some by going with the H31. The biggest problem right now is the SDE. I have noticed that I can really see it on bright scenes. If I am watching a movie and the scene is supposed to be dark, the picture looks pretty good. Then, the scene switches to an outdoor scene or a brighter scene, I notice the SDE.

My screen is a 1.5 gain and my room is completely light controlled. Should I consider getting a different screen?

Would purchasing a DVI/HDMI dvd player help eliminate some of the SDE? If so, any recommendations around the 300-400 price point?

Has anybody on here used a component DVD player with the H31 then switch to a DVI/hdmi player and notice a noticable improvement in PQ?

My wife knows that I am not 100% happy with the change I have made. She said we can look at getting a new DVD player if that will fix the problem for now. I can't return my projector at this point, so if I decided to change projectors I would have to sell my H31, take a hit and put extra money into a different unit.

Any advice would be great. Also, if their is another post that I should look at, please refer me to that one.

Thanks a bunch,

Coach.

Opt. H31 Denon AVR3803 Denon 2900 Axiom M60'S Axiom VP150 Axiom QS8's x 4 HSU VTF-2