Ok I lied, I said I would not be back, and watch Peter, these new trolls seem to pop up around here lately, watch what you say or he'll put words in your mouth as well.

Just for everyone's info. I went back and read all of my posts on the threads that Coach started in regards to help with projectors and/or DVD players. Again, I do not see any statements where I bashed DLP technology, in fact, there are many factual statements I made in favor of DLP. I also never said LCD was better than DLP. If someone can show this to be incorrect, without twisting words, I will stand corrected.

Coach has been seeking advice currently for his DVD problems, and in the past when he was seeking advice on a projector. Acting like it is a crime that I even brought up my experiences is like the pot calling the kettle black.

I respect Alan's advice on speakers, but he is not always right on every issue. There are many upconverting DVD players that have hit the market over the last few years. Most of them have had a poor track record. My Panasonic S97S over HDMI to my Z2 is amazing, and does provide a much improved picture from when I was running component at 480p. I'm sure the hundreds of people on AVSforum are wrong also that are providing similar reviews since the S97S hit the market.

Just like speakers it boils down to making your own decision and trying to demo the units. Coach, if you lived near Iowa, I would invite you over so you could make up your own decision.

Also, check with NickBuol on this forum, he runs a Z3 with the S97S, and Carada 2.05 screen, if will give you similar feedback.

I need to go get a tissue.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85