I’ve changed my plans so many times now, I suspect folks are tired of dealing with me Tom. Thank you for the ideas though. You’ve got me thinking.

I take it that the QS 8 and 4’s don’t go too well together? I suspect with the different woofer sizes they probably wouldn’t.

I can ‘probably’ make the QS 8’s work for the loft area. I will have to mount them on the ceiling and it’s vaulted on a 10/12 pitch. The little cubes work as I have a nifty multi angle bracket, and they are small. If I go with the 8’s, they will have to be mounted flush, and that was my primary concern. No matter how they are mounted, I bet they’ll still sound better than the cubes though….. So if you don’t see a problem with flush mounting them at that pitch of my ceiling, I’ll just go with the 8’s. They will also be directly over head where the couch is.

Phantom center? I was under the impression that the center channel is pretty important. I think I’ll be OK with running the VP and both M22’s later. I have a HK 7200 that drives a 4 ohm load pretty easy. What do you think?? I could also just buy the VP 150 and run that with the 22’s later if you think they’d be a better match. I'll try my HK in phantom mode and see how I like it. That would negate the need to buy a VP.

It’s white now….been raining a lot lately which is melting all my precious snow. I just picked up another snow toy and can’t ride it. That’s part of my HT room ‘delay’. Blew my cash on a foolishly impulsive 10K purchase.