Boy! Do those pictures bring back memories. I remember dorm life very well. (Yes! we had dorms back in the dark ages. Blackburn House, THE Ohio State University)

The one TV in the whole dorm was down in the first floor lounge. Of course there were only 3 channels back then, and they were off the air by 1 AM.

I think I had a transistor radio that was about 5"x7"x2." That was our sound system. If we wanted to see a movie, we plunked down our pennies at the local movie theater.

Computer? Puleese! Manual portable typewriter at best. I loved it when I would get down to the end of a page and would make a typo and then have to retype the entire page.

Have a good time, Dan! But don't forget why you're there. My college education, and the entire college experience, has provided me with a rich life. Not monetarily, lord knows, but intellectually. I don't mean I'm a giant intellect. Far from it. What I mean is that it instilled in me a genuine curiosity, and interest, in a wide range of subjects, and gave me the tools to satisfy my curiosity. I would point out that a college education is NOT the only source of an interest in a wide range of subjects. But, in my case, it is what provided me with one. The absence of boredom in my life, particularly in my current circumstances, has been Priceless!

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton