Posting this hear for more input with specific questions.

The recent demise of my HK 7200 will require a minimum of ten days to repair and a minimum of three weeks if it needs parts. I can’t wait that long (as I’m sure some of you can emphasis with). I’d like to order something today so I can have it before the weekend (superbowl) and the pending fed-x arrival of my new speakers this week.

So it looks like an opportune time to upgrade. I’ve decided to peddle the 7200 after it’s repaired.

Here’s what I’m looking at.

Denon 3806 that I can get locally (new authorized dealer). They want $1289.
HK 7300 from OneCall for $1200 + $100 for shipping. (or a refurb from HK for $900 + $100 shipping)
Rotel 1056 for five channel and then buy a 200X2 for the mains this fall. The 1056 is $1300 locally. The 200X2 that I’d have to buy later goes for $1000 locally.
Outlaw 1070 for $900 + shipping with the addition of mono blocks later for the M80 mains at $650 for the pair.
NAD 773. Now thanks to Rick, he found a new NAD 773 for $1500.

This system is used 100% of the time for HT. I have a separate stereo system with Rotel and M80’s.

$1500 is my upper limit.

Need it to drive M80’s and a parallel M22’s when I move it to the HT room when complete this fall. For the next few months, it’ll just drive a five channel set up consisting of M22’s for mains, two M3’s for a center (parallel), two QS8’s and the EP500.

I really like the HK’s X-over flexibility. Does the 3806 have this feature? Can’t quite tell when looking at it’s spec sheet on-line.
I’m not too sure if video upscalling is something I want the AVR to do, but it may prove to be a benefit as HDTV is not available hear. Both cable and satellite signals suck. They are both fuzzy. In comparison, DVD viewing is substantially better than satellite or cable.

I’m a little apprehensive to buy HK again, but the repair shop told me that I’m the first one to call for repair, so I reckon that’s a good sign. I’m willing to give HK another try.

I have no experience with Denon or Outlaw.

Thanks in advance. Y’all always tend to point out things that I usually miss.